WOT Backfiring, Hesitation at random times in each gear Sr20

I changed the spark plugs, I cant hear any boost leak at any point, it sounds really smooth. The idle couldnt be any more perfect, timing was fixed with a timing gun. When it backfires it sounds like pops only each pop cuts the other off (get what im saying) so it backfires insanely fast. Could this be an O2 problem? My Air/fuel gauge is set up and it either reads Lean (from 1000rpm to 3500) or RICH at 3500 and up. I posted again because the problem is a little different now. I just changed the spark plugs today and still the same problem. Yet again, 4 days before this, the car was flooded…as of then these problems have been occuring.

How did you set the timing, the way I suggested in your previous thread “with a timing gun” doesn’t cut it as I explained.

What fuel are you using?

What fuel pump are you using?

How the fuck are you going to hear a boost leak since you can only generate any significant boost under load, presumably while driving… unless you are on a dyno?

I suspect that what you are really hearing is detonation, sort of like pop-corn popping.

-Martin.

Yeah … backfires very very rarely happen in rapid succession, unless someone went and snuck an ALS system.

If it does sound like a crinkly rapid pop pop … that’s detonation

Something is wrong … if your A/F gauge is hooked up right

you’re going lean when fuel demand is low, but rich when it’s high.

Sounds like a massive air leak to me.