Car runs rich/hard starts/backfires - Timing??

KaT 272 cams, 750cc injectors, map, t3o4e turbo, tuned at 12 psi, currently running about 8 psi

Its hard to get started, then it sputters and coughs black smoke, bogs, backfires, the AFR gauge jumps allover and eventually goes to like 17 then spikes and reads — but while im driving it reads around 12? not sure if thats normal, its my first turbo car. I bought the motor and ECU tuned (didnt have these issues before) and the ECU was for a 98, so I got an ECU for a 91 (AEM ver 1.) put the tune on the correct computer and its been running this way. only reason I think its timing is because I changed the dizzy from S14 to S13. Any other ideas? Do I need a special timing light to time it?

Boost leak, my set up its similar , I thought it was the Timing it ended up being a leak

Found a loose clamp. Started the car up and it’s running on 1 cyl (been sitting a while)… going to do some diagnostics tomorrow.

Cleaned the plugs up, re-installed them and its running on all 4 now, but I still have the same issues as before.

i had a hard starting issue, super loud backfiring when cranking, ended up being a faulty CAS

Noticed today that if I accelerate around 50% throttle it pulls real nice. Any more throttle and it hits a “wall” and stops pulling, sputters and so on. I don’t know if its being starved or flooded… My guess would be that it’s starving.

Anybody have any ideas?

Retard the timing to 15 degree

You need that car tuned. The tune file from the last computer was either bad or you messed something up when you did the import to the new computer.

Send me a pm if you want a street tune.