New motor wont start

I blew up my motor so i put another in and it wont start, it has spark and fuel but no fire, the plugs are wet with gas when i take them out but still spark on the head(checking them) aslo the egi relay is sticking or shorting out and feeding back into the warning lights even wiht no key in it any hlp would be greatly appriciated

check for timing…compression might also be something to check for?

well the timing has never been changed from factory, its still in the center, and as for compression, it fired and rand for about 5 seconds then quit, it seems to be loading up with fuel. could that be ecu, fpr, injectors? what steps should i take to start ruling things out? i know it has spark and fuel and it did run so the motor is fine

steve, your still using the same ecu right? or did the motor set you bought come with another?

if your using the same one from the old ka-t setup, you should be able to rule out ecu since everything was swapped over from block to block

maybe the old ecu fomr the original ka-t setup was tuned for retarded or advanced timing, and with no timing dialed in, might pose a problem - just throwing ideas out there

it’s karma for what you did to my car! j/k
which engine are you using? the one with the auto tranny?
matty’s opinion on the ecu sounds like a possibility.

if the cylinders are flooding then advance your timing a notch and give er a try.
most KA-T setups dont run TDC anyhow. so your ECU is most likly tuned for advanced since it would be firing so quickly with the bigger injectrs…

either advance your timing or try an untuned ECU

hahah you were supposed to be watching hahah, im usin the auto one, and it fired on like half a crank but then quite and wont start, it almost feels like timing but its wetting down the plugs so bad it seems like its getting to much fuel. i can understand, im goona put the stock rail on and see if it will fire, then i will switch the injects over to that rail and see if it works, if the injects are bad thats what happened to my first motor, i dunno i stayed up all night putting it back together so i just showered and im gona grab some shut eye then head back to the shop to fix it, i just hope i can get it goin cus i have to leave for florida on monday so at that point if its not running im goona have to pay some one to fix it

btw this setup ran strong before it broke, so the ecu is tuned for the injectors at stock timing. and this exact setup ran just with a different block and sensors

pull out the fuel pump relay and crank it over for a while to get it all dried out, then put the relay back in and see if it will fire or try to fire again. it might just be flooded and will start fine after doing that. if it starts and dies again then i bet it’s just getting way too much fuel.

ok i went back and puled the fuel pump fuse and it fired up then ran out of fuel so i plugged it back in and started it and it ran ok. but it is still getting too much fuel. so i dont know if its the ecu tune or what but it almost seems as though there is a massive vaccuum leak but there is not. now i can start it if i shut it off but if it stalls itself out i have to put it to the floor to start it. also it has a bit of a hesitation from a dig but then revs fine up past 1200-1500, could a bas FPR cause this or is it injectors or ecu related?