would u buy her for $5500 USD?

Hahahah O Cal,

I have wanted to do a 350 in an import for a long time. There is nothing like feeling real torque and then having some handling to back it up.

O well I am still happy with my little POS

do you think that when i say different i mean slow, ugly and handle like shit? like wtf, ofcourse i want all that shit, but i don’t know to many 240’s with lightweight flywheel, full pacesetter exhuast, chip, intake plus more. maybe you do b/c u live in a place were 240’s are alot more common. there is 4 240’s in my town. some with kit’s, some with mod’s. one guy can amke flame’s shoot out his exhuast, i can explain but wont now, he pulled out his dash and made his own custom carbon fiber dash. none of the 240’s will be mod’d like mine when it’s done, i might not have the body kit,yet, but i will have way more power, and will handle and stop way better. if u’ve seen the upgrade’s i’ve boughten, they are posted, then u should know what i’m talking about. i want it different as in not copying what the next guy has, that copied the 4 guys before him. i want it the way i want it. “if it ends up different it ends up different” i’m saying my car will be different b/c i know it will be. how do you not know?
these tail lights u talk of, i don’t like the kuki or whatever the fuck they are called, those rounded ones, i’ve found tailights that I like and don’t look gay as far as i’m concerned. http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/imperialautoshop/.mids/89240tail.jpg

i don’t like these ones—v

http://i5.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a6/e2/7438_2.JPG

i like them b/c i like the black, my car is black and thats they way I want it. gay or not i don’t give a shit i like it. it’s not like i bought my shit at CT and gettin some stupid fucker to put it on. i’m doing this shit myself, with the help of a buddy, b/c he knows his shit and has a bunch of tools.

i bought drilled rotors, posted them on here and buddy pm’s me asking me where i got them, i’m not so set on being different that i wouldn’t tell him, i don’t care if i have the same shit as you or anyone else. mod it how you want it, but do it b/c u want it not b/c someone else did it.

call me a ricer, but who are you to call anyone a ricer, what makes u not a ricer? you don’t set who’s who in the import sence.

Bwahahahahahaha… http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26189

call me a ricer…

RICER!

tell me what did u do with your first 240 huh asshole? i don’t make a ton of money, i make 10$ an hour, supporting me, my g/f and try’ng to build my 240.
i don’t live at home with mommy and daddy who pay for all your shit. i woke up one day and my mom was gone, i’ve been on my own since i was 17 looking after her house till i finished highschool and moved to brandon to make some money, so i’m not blessed with riches and sr20’s. i’m buying this shit one piece at a time, paycheque to pay cheque, i’m still buying stuff.

no one around my area has stuff like that done to thier car. that doesn’t relly matter, i want more power, so i’m upgrading my car, i can’t afford a sr or rb so i have to do with what i got. not everyone is fucking loaded you prick.

being that i don’t have tracks around here why would i want to put “track” parts on my car, its a fucking daily driver. i’m not going to mod my car tot he extreme then only use it to drive to work, and cruise around town… whats the point in that? maybe when i move to a bigger city that has tracks and events i’ll upgrade my car further. but whats the point now?

all i want is more power, better handling, and more stopping power. vlsd so i can practice my drifting. we all have to start somewhere.

so fuck you for for callin me a ricer. u act like i’m a 16 yr old punk use’n daddy’s money to buy a CT muffler.

no one has bothered to define ricer even after i asked.

^step down off your soapbox… I’m sick of reading your crap. :metallicblue:

E

no one cares about your stupid life dude

if its that bad jump off a bridge and do us a favour

realistically, you have a picture of a bong in you avatar and praise hash and weed in your signature.

a true passionate person gets rid of women and all other hobbies to focus on their car. unless you are at that level you are average and have no right to talk shit to anyone

if you want to put shit parts on your car good for you enjoy it, but dont for one second think you are above average or better than anyone else that does the same. you are a hobbiest who does it because they enjoy it as a side hobby. know that and keep your god damn mouth shut.

got it?

dear god i just looked as his thread

i dont think i was harsh enough.

dude just seriously buy a pickup truck

i joined this place to learn some shit. not get cut down by the likes of u. you are nobody in the tuner world, just b/c u have a 240 with mod’s your someone? if i’m a ricer then so be it, i never once said i was a tuner, i’ve claimed before i’m a noob to this 240 modding, i’ve never done it. i havn’t put anything on my 240, it’s bone stock. this is why i want to mod it, make it faster, handle etc. ka24e is the lowest of all 240 motors, 140hp, come on i can barely let of a churp shiftin into second… it’s got no real balls, yea sure sunfires gt’s, civic shit like that are pretty easy to take, but it lack’s power, u all no this. so for buying some parts and installin them, that makes me a ricer? i don’t have a click or a group i roll with, we don’t go driftin every week-end or cruise every night. i live in a shit hole, i’ve said that lots too! if ur ever bored check out www.brandonspeed.com thats our forum, it’s pretty lame, not many ppl. not many nice cars either.

if wanting more outa my car is being a ricer then so be it.

i never said i was anyone, and i’m not gettin rid of the woman to mod my car. i love my g/f more then my car. i’m not asking for your sympathy, i’m just stating i’m not loading and mommy and daddy weren’t there to give me money for my shit. i’ve worked for every penny i’ve ever gotten. i’ve done damn good for myself concidering the cards i’ve delt. you don’t like the mod’s i’m puttin on ym car, i don’t car, they will work for what i need them for. sorry i can’t spent 2g’s on megan coilovers, or a rb26.

your gonna toss the fact that i like to smoke weed into my face? what does that have to do with anything?

u sure think your someone don’t you?

for example;

I talked with a guy who helped his friend put a LS1 into a supra MK3, becuase his 7m head was warped beyond machining tolerance and a new head would have cost him more than his tranny + motor + driveshaft.

He probably put that motor in there because it was the his preference and budget. Simpler and more powerful.

Hell if my neck gets any more red I may just have to start looking for a smallblock.

“a LS1 into a supra MK4”

just goes to show not everyone can go out and buy new better shit. deal with what you got or can get. if everything was cheap we would all have rb’s.

i bet that supra was pretty fast afterwards!!

my ponit is dont complain that you dont have money

you obviously do. its all a matter of how you spend the money that you have

you chose to take care of your gf and smoke weed which costs a lot of money

so, dont modify your car if you cant afford to.

people dont try to build mansions without money, why try to modify a perfectly working vehicle without money? It’s the exact same thing my friend. It is a luxury. If you want that luxury, you have to work hard enough to earn it. Either cut down on the drugs and save money, or throw the wife out. Or get a better job. Or be patient and wait and save money.

Buying cheap parts off of ebay that dont work, wont fit and will lower the reliability of your car is the stupidest thing you can possibly do. esspecially when you dont have the money to fix it the second time and even stupider if you rely on that car to get you to and from work. You may as well jsut shoot yourself in teh foot.

If you haven’t heard the term “you get what you pay for” i suggest you learn about it and start believing in it. It is true. Everywhere. Esspecially in tuning cars.

If you agree you are a noob then don’t argue with me. Return your shit. Sell it. Get rid of it. Save money if you want it bad enough, and do it right. Otherwise DONT DO IT AT ALL!!!

An SR20 swap is by no means a rich man swap. You talk about it like ti is something only kings and princes have the wealth to do. Lets be real here dude, 240s are for kids. Most parts are cheaper than the average in teh industry and you should appreciate that, not be even cheaper.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, i suggest you start doing more research before spending any more money.

Sasha, did you read that part? I laughed so hard for about 5 minutes and my throat hurts now. :frowning:

Darkside, those parts won’t make your car have 250hp. And buying parts like that on ebay is as bad as buying parts from Canadian Tire. And I’m pretty sure that a lot of people are like you. Our parents don’t buy us all SR’s. A lot of us had to work for what we have in our cars, but that is really not the point here.

The point here is that you’re trying way too hard to be different that you are just like every other ricer.

Wanna know what makes me different from everyone else? I’m asian and I live in Oakville.

Hey Darkside…you want to try something different.

How about:

• Punctuation
  • Spell Check
  • Proper Grammar

He’s right though.
Sasha is somebody in the RACING world :wink:
I wouldn’t want to be someone in the tuner world either, in order for that to happen, I’d need to have lambo doors, chameleon paint and spend all my time at Timmies. The tuner scene could give a fuck less about speed, they’re solely concerned with baller status and being “different”.
As for different being slow, and handling bad, let me give you an example:
You want suspension, but everyone has Stance or Megan, you can’t afford to go Cusco or JIC, so you get K2’s lol. Now you have shitty coils, just to be different.
You want power, but everyone has SR or KA-T, you spend 6 years saving up for an RB26 swap, or start the swap, run into a ton of bullshit that you can’t afford to fix and end up either with a car with a stock KA for the 6 years you’re saving for that RB26, or a non-running car with an RB26. And when you get it, your car will handle like ass.
You want aero, but everyone has OEM or Origin, so you get some Invading Samurai Gangster kit off eBay with chicken wire covering up all the gigantic intakes and scoops on it. Hillarity ensues.

What I’m trying to say is, people go “same”, not because they want to copy someone else, but because it fucking WORKS, and it works WELL for a reasonable amount of money.

Edit: If you REALLY want to be different, sell your 240 and buy a Camry like me :wink:

i’m sure they sell pacesetter and exedy in store. just b/c it’s on ebay doesn’t mean it’s crap. i don’t have access to stores that sell parts for 240’s. there is not ONE in my town. so online is my only choice. A buy it from some website or buy the exact same thing from ebay for less. u talk about saving money, thats what i’m doing, i got adj pillow ball strut mounts for less then half the price it would have costed to buy them in the store. straight off a s13 in tokyo, used for a month, and they are in perfect shape. alot of the stuff i buy is name brand, i just bought it off ebay for less.

who said i paid for my weed?? i’m not ditchin the girl. i never complained, i said it in this thread, not like i’m cry’n about it in every thread. i’m doing what i can with my budget.

i havn’t bought a sr for two reason, one, i can’t afford to buy it right now, two i can’t afford to fix it if it fucks up, so exactly, why would i shoot myself in the foot?? i havn’t nor will i.

you took this different thing way to far, i want to my car to be different yes, but the only way to truely do that is to carbon fiber my own body kit , lets be honest, i’ mnot doing that. so i would have to buy a kit, if it’s on the market someone else will have it. i want what looks good. but i don’t want what the other 4 240’s cruise’n around have. i want some DIFFERENT.

maybe i wont get 250hp outa my ka, but i definatly wont have 140.

being a noob, the only way to find something out is to ask someone who knows. do you ppl not know alot of shit about 240’s? or all u a bunch of dumbass’s? i picked this site b/c from what i read you guys seem to know ur shit, no one else can give me straight answer or i get 3 differnt ones. i ask a ? and i get answers from ppl that know what the fuck thier talking about. you laugh b/c i wanna learn… wow…

i wasn’t talking to sasha when i said that, i didn’t read what he/she said till after that was posted.

my car is not perfectly working, thats why i’m modding it basicly. if u read anything i actually wrote before u judged me, u might havea bit of a clue about what ur talking about.

problems - blown head gasket, seized frontstruts, ball joints, rear calipers, slipping clutch. rusted cat fell off replaced with pipe, need new exhaust. timing guide is worn, means chain will be to.

i’m gonna pull the motor so it’s easier to change the head gasket(as recommended by ppl on this site). that means the header has to come off, flywheel is easy to get at, clutch is easy to get at, rear diff is easy to get at.

since all this is coming off, i got new to be put back on. you’ve seen the upgrades, some havn’t been posted b/c i havn’t boughten them yet. whats wrong with what i’m doing? it all has to come off anyways, might as well put better back on right? replace old with new so everything will work once again. im not try’n to make 500 hp with this stuff i bought. i want a running car with more performance in all area’s.

no fucking way i’m buying a camry…

I understand where the differences are…so i’ll make a few points…

First off, this thread is finished…it’s no longer about the original post.

Second, I fully agree with Sasha in that you can make your car MORE unreliable by modding carelessly. I’m not saying you are, but just remember the “CHEAP/FAST/RELIABLE - pick two” and “you get what you pay for” phrases (they really are true), think maintenance before modding, exercise some self-discipline/patience and you’ll be just fine. With this said, nobody should be telling anyone to jump off any bridges…

Third, I agree with darkside in that you can save a ton if you’re VERY careful with eBay…I got my AGX’s for approx. $450 all in - adjustable shocks, brand new, delivered to me. I’ve been quoted over $700-800 on the same set locally more than once. Of course there is major CRAP there as well and that’s all people are trying to point out.

Fourth, going NA is fine. Just remember a ton of people have been there hoping for big #'s and many seem to have end up disappointed, only to end up turbo’d.

Finally, if you’ve got questions, decide what you want to ask and carefully put together a thread in technical and i’m sure you’ll get tons of good help.

wow, someone with some reason, thank you. i totally believe you pay for what you get. i know there is crap on ebay. i’m try’n to dodge that bullet. i got struts for 130$, napa wants 122 plus tax for ONE. i check will online stores and i call all major part stores intown before i decide to buy. example, the ngk wires, 80 on ebay, 42$ on clubplug.net(canadian site). i paid 150(shippin included) for that header that was 220(plus shippin from pacesetter website). i’m not very stupid with my money, or atleast i try not to be.

i’m modding in moderation, i’m not going all out. trail and error i figure. i’m gonna try this stuff out, if its not given me what i want, then i’ll try something else.

i bet alot of ppl go turbo, it would take a lot of time and parts to tune a NA to get the power from a turbo. if anything i would look into a sc. i know and understand the difference between turbo and sc. i don’t wanna start a big debate about that. the stuff i got isn’t gonan turn 400 hp, but it will do just fine for now till i can afford something better. i have to start somewhere, and i thought i was off to a good start. all i’m doing is basicly maintenance, half the stuff needs to be replaced anyways, the rest has to come off so i might as well put something better back on, and replace old parts that might cause or are causing some problems(master & slave cylinder as well as brake lines 4 example)

i’m gettin cut down b/c i’m not or i didn’t buy these super awsome parts, ofcourse i want them, there will be a time, but it’s not now. sorry my parts arn’t “cool” enough for you. i’m doing what i can with what i got.

blah blah blah blah

this thread has gotten fucking retarded