would you stop?

Do you guys sue the deer you hit? If I’ve learned to completely control animals I’d be in the circus making money. Sometimes the dumb little animals decide they need to be somewhere else in a hurry. If you can’t pay better attention, or drive an appropriate speed in a neighborhood, you don’t have a valid gripe. And if someone gets out demanding money from me after they killed my dog, that is the wrong time for it and you’ll probably picking up a good portion of your teeth and putting them in your pocket as you get back in your car.

This is just generally speaking of course, not specific to the original post.

There are laws in regards to hitting domesticated animals. . .I will have to try and dig them up to see if dog falls under it…

[quote=“OriginalSterm,post:21,topic:38016"”]

Do you guys sue the deer you hit? If I’ve learned to completely control animals I’d be in the circus making money. Sometimes the dumb little animals decide they need to be somewhere else in a hurry. If you can’t pay better attention, or drive an appropriate speed in a neighborhood, you don’t have a valid gripe. And if someone gets out demanding money from me after they killed my dog, that is the wrong time for it and you’ll probably picking up a good portion of your teeth and putting them in your pocket as you get back in your car.

This is just generally speaking of course, not specific to the original post.

[/quote]

were talking a domesticated animal here, a deer is a bad comparison. they make leashes and collars to control your pets. i personally have a black lab that i love to death and would be very distraught if it were hit by a car. but unless that car drove into my fenced in backyard and hit her, i wouldnt be upset at the driver of the car for her being hit. dogs behave like children, would you let your 5 year old child wander in or near the road? you’d be a bad parent if you did…just like your a bad pet owner if you let your dog wander into the street.

if u hit a deer u get insurance money anyway

[quote=“d3x,post:23,topic:38016"”]

were talking a domesticated animal here, a deer is a bad comparison. they make leashes and collars to control your pets. i personally have a black lab that i love to death and would be very distraught if it were hit by a car. but unless that car drove into my fenced in backyard and hit her, i wouldnt be upset at the driver of the car for her being hit. dogs behave like children, would you let your 5 year old child wander in or near the road? you’d be a bad parent if you did…just like your a bad pet owner if you let your dog wander into the street.

[/quote]

Have you ever seen kids dart away from their parents in any environment? I’ve seen it at the mall, at the park, walking down the sidewalk. If some creature with low mental capacity decides to do something quick, how do you react fast enough to stop it? Walk your kid on a leash? Doesn’t mean the parents are bad parents, it means something unexpected happened. The only way to prevent that is to not leave your house.

Would you sue a parent if their kid got hit by your car riding their bike and scratched your paint?

No fault situations come up once in a while, deal with it.

[quote=“psphinx81,post:24,topic:38016"”]

[/quote]

most deer don’t carry insurance to my knowledge.

… u call your insurance company…

i have 2 dogs, and i wouldn’t stop.

but im a pretty horrible person

[quote=“OriginalSterm,post:26,topic:38016"”]

[/quote]

and this post is just plain funny

[quote=“psphinx81,post:27,topic:38016"”]

… u call your insurance company…

[/quote]

oh, so the deer doesn’t pay for your damage?

[quote=“psphinx81,post:24,topic:38016"”]

[/quote]

i beg to differ with you…

my dad found out first hand.

he was a passenger in a company truck, hit a dear totaled the pick up truck, deer went thru the windshield landing in his lap, causing broken jaw, broken wrist (had to have surgery and had pins put in) broken eye socket, tons of glass to the face, bleeding on the brain.

He spent 3 days in the hospital, and due to NYS no fault laws he didnt get any money from it.

Lawyer said his injuries were easily 3-5 million dollar suit.

company truck though. few people in my fam have hit deer and insurance never gave them any problems with paying for it… they actually say to NOT avoid hitting the deer

[quote=“psphinx81,post:31,topic:38016"”]

company truck though. few people in my fam have hit deer and insurance never gave them any problems with paying for it… they actually say to NOT avoid hitting the deer

[/quote]

i dunno

my dad didnt work for the company his friend was driving whos truck it was…

i dunno

but anyways…

shitty to hear bout the dog

word, i guess it just depends on some insurance companies… did it happen in NYS?

yup

honestly I would only stop if there was damage to my car so I can hold the owner responsible.

I am a pet owner but you have to keep them under controll.

It is a pure moral issue. It’s not who’s fault it is that is in question. It’s whether or not you would have the balls to stop and do something about what happened. Obviously mistakes happen, thats life, but if you do that to someone’s pet and then just drive away, thats pretty messed up. I mean some peoples’ pets are like family members to them, its like hitting one of their kids.

[quote=“somedude,post:35,topic:38016"”]

honestly I would only stop if there was damage to my car so I can hold the owner responsible.

I am a pet owner but you have to keep them under controll.

[/quote]

id feel bad for the dog if it did damage to a Taurus

[quote=“psphinx81,post:31,topic:38016"”]

[/quote]

:word:

I’ve seen many incidents that were worse for trying to avoid the deer than if they would’ve just hit it.

Example:
A buddy of mine with a mint 02 camaro SS just bought it a week before for 22k with very low miles swerved trying miss the deer ended up head on into a guard rail flipped the car twice and landed upside down in a ditch and totalled the car and had a broken arm and neck… very lucky that he lived and that the ditched didn’t have water in it…

[quote=“OriginalSterm,post:26,topic:38016"”]

[/quote]

http://jonaderks.wordpress.com/2007/01/30/family-guy-deer/

[quote=“d3x,post:17,topic:38016"”]

if your not going to be responsible and control your pets then this is what happens. you killed this dog…the car was just your weapon of choice. so stop focusing your anger on the driver of the car and take some responsibility for your actions.

[/quote]

are you serious? karma is going to be a bitch to you.

do you honestly think i would have let him just “wander” by a street? no; you dumb fuck i loved my dog very much. would you just let your black lab wander by the street? prob. not soo why would you think anything less about me?

i was responsible and that i ran after him sorry when i opend the door to let my sister out with her baby and my nephew that my dog slipped right between my legs. he wasnt a big dog at all weighing in at just under 9 pounds! god he must had a real hard time to slip by me.

and yes like i said in a pm to some one on here it wasnt completly the drivers fault as the car stopped once i would rather have the driver at least stop and apologize thats all i would respect from the driver. i wasnt looking for a new dog or money.