wow... (clutch)

So i took apart my audi today, because something broke in the tranny. And here’s what i found

Anyone ever hear of this happening?
http://users.nexopia.com/uploads/1348/1348468/clutchsnap.JPG

Uh…What brand is that so i never buy one???

centerforce…
i put an ACT in my Z. loved it. But they didnt have one for my audi.

ive stripped the center spline on a 6 puck solid hub ACT before. Id buy RPS now.

You mean like this?

http://users.nexopia.com/uploads/1348/1348468/clutchsnap3.JPG

RPS FTW!!! I love mine.

RPS FTW!!! I love mine.[/quote]

X3 Best clutch ever. And i abuse it

Fuck, I just bought an ACT…

I’ve abused the clutch on my Z, and it still feels like new. I’d go ACT anyday. But this centerforce, i dunno. maybe a lemon.

Centerforce is known for this problem, even back when I was shopping for clutches (about 8 years ago)

I’ve heard of a dozen or so cases of centerforce clutches blowing up. It was enough to convince me to never buy one.

I have an ACT pressure plate and a RPS carbon fibre disc. Great setup.

A friend of mine completely swore off CenterForce clutches after it burnt out after 1 day at the track. Don’t know if it was a dud or if thats just how shitty CenterForces are.

Nope, that’s just how shitty Centerforce is.

So I take it Centerforce rates almost as low is the SPEC clutch I have in my car.

Its better than Centerforce…Not as good as RPS though. I have a spec and havent had any probelms yet.

Hmmm, centerforce is pretty bad then I take it. Nothing against spec I just don’t think the quality is all there really.

I have a SPEC stage 3 six puck in my car… and its shit… i have NO engine mods and it slips… they say its good to 350 ftlbs… i dont think so…

6 puck that’s only good for 350lb-ft? Damn. My RPS full face is good for 460ish.

Yeah my 6 puck stage 4 Spec will slip when I do a brake stand.

lol poor Josh… didn’t you just replace your old clutch with a new centerforce?

I can do a 3rd gear burnout/brakestand with my RPS full disc.

Ask the people at d-sport last thursday about it. :E