WOW. PS3's are dropping FASTTTTTTTT!

I want to play a Wii :frowning: Unfortunately I’m a broke ass cracker.

Is that true?

Someone told me there wouldn’t be another shipment for a few months.

they are only supposed to have 1 million total by year’s end with 400k already shipped…

i heard 2 weeks at the latest

Damn, those prices are going to drop quick.

you have to figure there will only be 150% additional systems by years end… they will probably still be very scarce… especially since they were promising over a million for the initial offering…

what I was told was most of the stores wont be getting another shipment in until after christmas and into the new year a bit. i waited in line at target and got a 20gb one since they only had 14 60gb and 8 20gb and i was 21st in line. worst comes to worst i return it back to the store and get all my money back. I paid less than retail with my discount so even if I sell it for $600, i’ll make a decent buck …

gamestop managers have gotten emails saying that unfilled fre-orders may be filled as early as tuesday.

what truly amazed me was when i got to work this morning. a large portion of the line was the same people that were in line for PS3.

truth be told, i have a bad feeling about success for the PS3. Wii and 360 are just looking better now.

ps3 will be on top as always…nintendo will shit the bed like they usually have

sure looks that way :tup:

Dex - did your store sell out of the Wii systems or wii motes/nunchuck accessories

we sold out of everything except games and the accessory pack. we only have a couple of those accessory packs left. it’s basically a case and a couple other things for it that you really don’t need.

does anyone know any place that still has some wii’s? my room mate is looking for one and i’d really like for him to find one.

I know this is not what you are looking for but you could call around to a ton of local stores and ask,

http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder.gsp

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp?title=store_locator&ref=nav1_footer_storelocator

http://www.compusa.com/locations/store.asp?state=NY&type=

http://www.kmart.com/storelocator/index.do?btnAction=Submit

I’ve seen a few reviews for the Wii already and they’ve all said the motion sensor is just a gimmick and in most games it’s too difficult to be precise.

The price difference may help it, but I don’t know.

I think the big unknown is the whole blu-ray vs hd-dvd thing. If blu-ray emerges as the standard, and the PS3 supporting blu-ray is a big step in that direction, then the PS3 will probably do well. If blu-ray becomes the next beta-max I think the PS3 will be in trouble.

appreciated, but i’m at work and my room mate is out driving around looking for them. i can’t call. i thought i’d ask and if someone knew, i could shoot him a text and let him know.

EDIT: jayS, i disagree. i haven’t played it yet, and i’ve read mixed reviews. everyone that i have talked to personally has said the motion sensor is awesome. this seems like it will be a standard with a lot of the games. the power glove was a gimmick. lol

sony will be on top for this generation of the console wars. they will however lose market share.

I think last gen it was like 70% MS for Sony, this time I bet they are around 50% with MS picking up a bit and the Wii helping nintendo regain some lost ground.

As far as the Wii…all the reviews ive read from people that have gotten to try it say they for the most part enjoyed it. Plus i watched a video of this dude playing zelda for a few minutes and it looked like it was pretty sweet…but time will tell for sure. :slight_smile:

from another thread

Nintendo has never shit the bed because since the N64, they’ve never aimed for the top of the mountain in regards to home consoles. They’ve focused on hand helds and innovation (see motion Wii remote). Even in interviews Nintendo heads have said they’re happy with where they are… let Sony and MS fight, we’ll just sit back here and happily earn money.

How much is a decent buck?