wrapping a whole car.

ive seen on the powerblock that they had wrapped a early 70’s nova in viynal and ive seen that the sign guy in monogahala does complete car wrapping. basically wraps the car in viynal and clear coats it. i was told between 1200 and 1500 for my car and if im ever in an accident he can remake the piece and put it back on the car. would this be an alterative to paint? i was told i could just spray bomb the car and the viynal will stick with no problem…

stephanie eggum just wrapped her race car a few weeks ago. looks awesome

“My Best Friends Detail Shop” in Greentree was suggesting this may be the new future of custom graphics and paint work. I am a bit skeptical on the longevity of it though.

there is def a long term issue, one of the agents at work has a full size van with full wrap, after a year parts of it are crackin and peeling. In sections it looks like the sun warmed it up letting it sag, and then when it gold colder it cracked and pulled apart in high stress areas…

I’m sure it’s just like any other exterior vinyl, there are many different grades. All with different grade of UV protection, and life spans. i know back when I was doing custom vinyl the “good” 7 year stuff realy only lasted and held it’s color for about 3 years after that you would see fading of the color and pelig and cracking would start.

gotta agree, plus the one I mentioned earlier, is printed on… lifesize image of the guy and a couple houses on the side of the van…