writing a cover letter

I think the salutation adds a professional touch.

what the fuck

:lol:

I management for 20 year!

Just post it up, and we will tell you what is acceptable in the real world.
Who better than NYSpeed to tell you what your skills are?

Wow, how do any of you guys have jobs?

im unemployed and leech off the system

PM me with your email if you want to see my last cover letter.

I can send you mine if you would like. It is decent. I wish it was GREAT, but i will accept decent. It has gotten me three job offers in the past year and I wasn’t really soliciting for 2 of them.

So im sitting here looking at numbers and such, realizing I am the man.

Hello 174% sales increase!

just wanted to gloat for a second.

Is that a pay increase or just a bump in sales

sales increase directly related to my efforts. unfortunately, i am straight salary, so i dont get any monetary benefit to that.

^ this

wow jager I really like yours.

The above guide is pretty good, I have others that can help as well, pm me with specific questions if needed

:tup:

They are a difficult thing to write. I went through many revisions before getting a good “general outline” to work from.

Hope it helps.

Edit: Here is mine if anyone else needs an outline to work from. This was an email cover letter sent to a VP.

Hello Tim,

I am writing to express my interest in the District Manager position for Western New York as mentioned on the XXXXX XXXXX website, and have attached my resume for your consideration. John XXXXXXXX, with XXXXXX, and I are former colleagues at XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX and he passed along your contact information.

Review of my credentials will show that I have served as the catalyst for successful marketing, end-user loyalty, and business development initiatives, complemented by high-caliber general management qualifications and a proven track record of delivering results.

For example, during the past five years with XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX I provided outstanding leadership performance in Consumer Promotions and Event Marketing programs. The 2008 Ultimate Tradesman Challenge promotion resulted in 35MM brand impressions and $2.5MM in incremental sales. With the help of my team, we were able to conduct 150 retail activation events resulting in $1.4MM in sales and 38% growth year over year of focus products.

With strong management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills I am confident in my ability to exceed your expectations for this role.

As described, the District Manager position sounds like a great fit and I would very much appreciate the chance for a personal interview. Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,
Michael XXXXXX

Michael XXXXXX
XX XXXXXX XX
Buffalo, NY 14225
(716) 480-XXXX
XXXX@live.com

I’ve got a first draft done and out to a few people to review for revisions. Already though of a few things to change / add in.