WTB : 05 STi or Evo (maybe other years)

I’d consider test driving a newer legacy GT as well. Let me know what you guys can find.

–mark

PM SI01 He works @ Northtown. I vote legacy GT cause you won’t get any unwanted attention and on top of that you’ll be faster than most cars on the road.

not to mention much pimper luxuries… but lack of handling… i dunno… depends what your looking for… si01… jeff… is a good guy… give him a ring or a pm…

Good Guy? Must be another si01 you are talking about…

Kidding. I see the dude often, will try hard to get you a deal.

I talked to him online, and he said he doesnt have anything in stock. I would consider the Legacy GT pretty highly, but the STi’s center diff and all the other fun toys really sells it.

–mark

The center diff is cool but its just fun for a lil while. When it starts snowing and if we can find a place to try it out I’ll let you check it out if you want.

It’s not about having it for the fun, it’s for the functionality of the active diff.

^^ I know but if you’re not taking it to a track or planning on auto-xing it it really won’t come into play for daily driving. Plus the diff on the LGT isn’t that bad.

Man, they’ve been out over 3 years, and I still can’t decide concretely which I like more, the EVO, or the STi.

Can’t go wrong either way.

i work for west herr. if you want, i could get you into an sti, we dont have a mitsu dealership though. i work at the nissan store but west herr salesman can sell through any of our stores. let me know if you want to.

The ACD on the EVO really helps in slippery condition. The EVO is not a great everyday car, but im using it as one anyways. If your commute or your driving consisted of mainly backroad or twisties take the EVO or STi. You’ll get sick of the EVO or STi if you do a lots of I-90 Thruway Driving. Otherwise take the Legacy GT. Good luck locating one though.

If you’re talking brand new you can’t lose with the evo 9 it lends itself to mods very well. The sti is getting better gearing in the 07 from what im told but still takes alot to keep up with a litghtly modded evo 9. I got my 05 sti back in the summer of 04 and have loved the car since. Recently i was offered 24,000 to trade it in for an 07 subaru of any model and unfortunately wasn’t able to take the deal because of a jerk with a spider in his car on the 90.

im really impressed by the EVO, one problem with them is if they’re beat on under 20k it will have coolant issues the rest of its life, word of mouth straight from MITSU…

i work at west herr subaru, we have two used sti’s an 04(silver), and an 06(blue). we also have 2 used legacy gt’s both 06’s (light blue and black) the black has a spt exhuast

i knew the awd bug got you

The diffs in the STi make the car. There is simply no reason to buy a new subaru other than an STI if you plan on modding it. In the end it’s simply not going to perform until you get the diffs/trans and you are going to be looking at about 5 grand in diffs.

I found the car i’m getting too. All will be done this month :smiley:

–mark

And???

More info … link?

what are u talking about… i have 31k on mine and mine doesnt have a damn problem. ive never ever heard of this before… who are u talking to lol