WTB: 240km/h gauge cluster s13 240sx or 240km/h speedo

hello all
WANT TO BUY: 240KM/H CLUSTER (edit) or speedo to put into my 180km/h cluster
THANKS.

something like this

http://www.redblusky.com/240cluster3.jpg

credits to son galleries for this pic

I have a minty fresh JDM 180km/h one if you are interested.

thanks, but I want a 240km/h so i can tell how fast im going

okay…

fyi you don’t usually buy the cluster. You buy the speedo unit and put it in yourself. That having been said, it’s fairly rare (esp on this side of the pond) so uh… good luck gettin one :slight_smile:

ok then, then i want a 240km/h speedo :S

Check EBAY man they are all over it…

almost what your looking for

http://lsauto.com/products.asp

hahah you could take that and slap your own custom face on it with the equivalent km/h figures.

Have a 290km/h speedo. DO IT.

These items, the 240 km/h speedometer/cluster, and the 260 km/h Nismo speedometer/cluster are VERY rare and costly, and usually cannot be found, yes even on eBay.

If anyone could get a decent km/h overlay for the LS Auto gauge i’d likely be down, and chances are a ton of others as well. I’ll talk to Kevin from LS and Matt from Import-Intelligence to see if any of this would be doable.

alright i’ll be looking for a speedo than, is there any specific type I am looking for, I have limited wiring skills, to what extent would I have to take this to ? I mean i can solder a few wires, just not make a whole another schematic lol… btw, anyone have custom color bulbs for the gauges ?

Actually the 290 km/h speedo/overlay/face won’t work because the light would need to seep through where the new numbers are from where the numbers originally were on the speedo itself. Oh well.

So are you looking for a normal speedo or a higher one then?

a 240km/h speedo will do fine

Okay, just be aware man:

what are you talking about, that isnt how the lighting int he cluster works at all.

Instead of just disagreeing why not let us all know how it works.

what are you talking about, that isnt how the lighting int he cluster works at all.[/quote]

yes it is

what are you talking about, that isnt how the lighting int he cluster works at all.[/quote]

yes it is[/quote]

have you ever looked at the actual face its self when the speedo is removed from the cluster?

it has a clear cutout where the numbers go, there is 3 lightbulbs that light up behind the area, there is not individual light channels that direct it onto certian numbers or letters.

you could make your cluster say OMG IM GOING MACH 1 and it would still light up.

I am aware, DTS, but you cannot get an just “overlay” or what I am referring to as a gauge “face” to make it work, you would need a new speedometer “piece” itself. If someone could design that piece (and calibrate accordingly), then anything really would be possible. I think we are on the same track here.

Anyone for 600km/h speedos group buy???

all you do is buy the 180 mph speedo and take the entire face off and have a new one made, the face is held on with 2 screws at the bottom and comes off of the speedo when you unscrew it and remove the needle.

then you make your own custom face and it will lightup with whatever you want wherever

you do not need a new speedometer peice