WTB: Blackberry, Smartphone or a PDA

I’m basically looking for something to organize my calendar/notes/to-dos/etc. If it has a phone included then it must be a Blackberry (would prefer it to work with Verizon, but I would still consider it even if it was for another carrier). If it’s a PDA my only requirement is that is be Mac compatible (syncs with iCal is the most important).

Let me know if you have anything.

BTW: If anyone is looking to sell theirs off in anticipation of the iPhone, we can make the deal now, and I can wait until the 29th/30th to pick it up/pay.

blackberry’s cost a monthly data fee

I’m aware of what comes along with a Blackberry, I had one for like 6 months before I opted for something else. Now I’m wishing I had kept it, lol.

you don’t HAVE to pay the blackberry plan fee, only if you want to use the browser / email feature.

it’s still a GREAT PIM and will work as a phone w/o paying for that part of the plan.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29222&highlight=blackberry

I may still have no sold it, one guy wants to buy it…

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:4,topic:31206"”]

you don’t HAVE to pay the blackberry plan fee, only if you want to use the browser / email feature.

it’s still a GREAT PIM and will work as a phone w/o paying for that part of the plan.

[/quote]

ugh, its in the contract with rim.

but i agree, blackberries are the shit.

Just called Verizon and they said that you HAVE to have a data plan with a Blackberry. You don’t for something like the Treo.

So I guess a Blackberry is out, and now I’m looking for another smart phone or PDA.

Edit: Actually, I’d probably still be interested in a Blackberry just for use as a PDA and not a phone…hm…

I have an xv6700 for verizon, great PDA… I just didn’t really like it for a phone.

IMO using it as a PDA it is wayyyy better than anything else by size and keyboard. I am pretty sure it’s mac compatible never used it though

nope, it’s not. at least, last I checked WinMo 5 stuff wasn’t, but Mark/Space (missingsync) might have been updated.

Hmm, well I have a macbook also - I will check it out. I never synced with a computer I was always using an exchange server syncing over cell signal

I have a BlackBerry 7100t for T-Mobile. It’s sitting in my closet gathering dust since I got my 8100.

I have a BB 8300 for Cingluar

An HP iPAQ PDA

I probably have an older BB for verizon as well

LMK