WTB DSLR

+1.

Or get a Flip Mino/Ultra HD, Kodak Zi6, etc.

Small. HD video. Etc.

Here is a video I shot with my Flip MinoHD and edited with Adobe After Effects (title screen)/Sony Vegas 10 Pro (rest of it).

Those have junk lenses though

Personally, this is my dream camera setup:

Perfect for every day shooting. No bag filled with 5 different lenses, just one lense that does everything.

Question: How big of a SD card should I get, I’d like to fit 1000 raw pics

It depends on the megapixels and resolution (how big the picture is). I have a 4GB right now and I can fit like 500 I think at MAX settings. Maybe more.

lol… that was a nice video… But the first…FOUR attempts at shots were terrible :lol

Yeah Albany played good D on the perimeter until Mike Black (starting PG) went down with a sprained ankle. I also think that’s the reason why they lost the game by 4 points. We were up at 10 at one point and then he got hurt and the momentum died.

Anyway, let’s keep the thread to DSLR talk.

Im pretty sure in raw format, they are usually just under 10mb each. But using that 1024mb in a gb, 8gb card would hold 800+ pics.

Cool thanks

Id probably get a 16G or something for video too, Im pretty set on getting a T1i

Don’t know what 16G is, but the T1i/T2i are good cameras.

16gig

Oh. Hah.

Keep this in mind, as it’s the reason I don’t get huge capacity cards anymore: if something goes wrong on the card, everything will be lost on it. If you’re out shooting video or pics and the card you’ve been using all day shits the bed, everything will be lost. Yea, it’s inconvenient and pricier to have two 8GB cards instead of one 16GB, but you’ll regret losing all of the data.

Also pay attention to write speeds on the memory cards you’re looking at. If you’re shooting bursts of images in raw format, each pic being around 15MB (I forgot how many megapixel the T1i is, so 15MB is a minimum), if you plan on shooting more than two pictures a second (like a gif sequence) you’ll need to spend more on a 45+MBPS write speed card.

Dont think it does video… but thats a pretty good deal.

Key here is don’t cheap out on cheap memory cards. Get name brand, high quality stuff like SanDisk, Trascend, A-Data, etc. Read the reviews. I’ve never had a card die on me yet.

Yeah I’d get a pretty decent card, probably two

Buy a decent SLR and a FLip Mino

I’ma flip mah dick on your forehead to the next person that tells me to get a shitty flip camera.

If I was to get a small camera it would have to be rugged and probably this one:

:rofl

The flip Mino takes badass HD vids. I want one for xmas.