WTB: In car GPS

Anyone have a hookup or anything at any stores ? Don’t need anything crazy, just would like to have GPS and bluetooth for my phone.

AVIC D3… I love mine… you can get the bluetooth add-on.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38349&highlight=avic

i will probably buy this if i get an SUV soon…

The TomTom units are super popular and around $200

idk - was in my boss’s car and he has a garmin portable said his was under $300, has bluetooth and basic nav. Was playing with it on lunch seems really nice. I may just pick that one up if I can’t find something better.

It has a smallish screen maybe 4"? but for where I plan to put it I don’t have a ton of room anyways.

edit: and bluetooth is a MUST as it is more than half the reason I want it… so fucking convenient

fits in the STI perfect :slight_smile:

How do you use blue tooth with nav.?

they are seperate, used to dial/answer the phone… you can also play music through it.

give me a link

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069685_422908320,00.html

And the D3: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069681_369264980,00.html

[quote=“BluBalls,post:8,topic:37470"”]

they are seperate, used to dial/answer the phone… you can also play music through it.

[/quote]

So do you hook your phone into your GPS?

I’m confused to why you would need the Bluetooth on a GPS.

Edit: I read into it:
It’s time to put that phone down. Thanks to the optional CD-BTB200 Bluetooth adapter, you can make and receive phone calls hands-free when you sync a compatible Bluetooth-enabled cell phone to your AVIC-D3. Once you’re connected, during a call you simply talk into the unit’s included microphone while listening through your in-car speakers. To make calling even more convenient, for certain compatible Bluetooth-enabled cell phones you can copy and store your numbers from the cell phone to your AVIC-D3’s internal phone book. Once you’re set up, you may never have to lay a finger on your cell phone to make a call in your vehicle again.

It would be a head-unit. you don’t have to touch the phone, just answer through the headunit and dial from it also.

I guess I can jump in on this post too. Not to steal the OP’s thunder. I’m looking for a new GPS too, but not a real expensive one. Just needs to really do the basics and be upgradable with the maps. No need for bluetooth, etc.

Which ones are good?

i have bluetooth in my pioneer reciever, works great. GPS bluetooth is the same principle.

damnit i really wish i didnt click on this. I would really like one but i refuse to get one unless its in dash.

the gf has the Garmin Nuvi 350 and its pretty sweet. Also portable for wandering out streets in a city.

my boss has a Garmin 330 I believe… has decent GPS and bluetooth phone action.

I want it 75% for bluetooth phone and 25% for the GPS lol

yeah the nuvi’s are nice , but you can get one with the same features a hell of alot cheaper.

dont get the tomtom. I had one and it was nothing but problems. BUT, it was refurbished, so that was half the problem. Though if any model has enough refurbs for sale, that should tell you something.

The bluetooth was awesome though, def. 50/50 for GPS and bluetooth on the usefullness scale.

[quote=“Penfold,post:19,topic:37470"”]

dont get the tomtom. I had one and it was nothing but problems. BUT, it was refurbished, so that was half the problem. Though if any model has enough refurbs for sale, that should tell you something.

[/quote]

??? It should tell you not to be cheap and buy shitbox stuff. Quantity of refurbs out depends on quantity of units produces. 2% of 10000 pieces vs 2% of 10 million is going to the same quality level yet a lot more refurbs.

TomTom is the best selling unit out for a reason. That should tell you something.