WTB: Intake from a 330i

I researched and found out that my car has the exact same engine as the 330i, the only difference is the intake, my car uses a stage 1 intake while and the 330i uses a stage 3 intake. How easy is it to just swap them? Would I have to have any tuning done to the ecu as well? Thanks!

Also from what I read, swapping that alone would raise my hp from 215 to 255. I dont know if thats 100% true though.

Dont you have a warranty on it?

yes why?

It may void it…

lol @ stage 1/3.

your best bet is on bmw forums tricia…try e90post or ebay.

you probably won’t gain much at all

and it shouldnt void your warranty as long as you don’t mention it…isn’t your warranty through the hubby’s work? :wtf :rofl

Yeah but if its a easy swap, if it needs to go in for service I would just swap it back to stock

get AFE’s unit, your 335 will sing extra nice

ya I was thinking of getting a air intake, but Im curious to see if I can get my hands on the 330’s manifold first :thumbup

you gonna get a JB3 for your 335?

I have a 325i

ohhh, thats only 1/2 as good as a 335i. i was mistaken.

What is the differences between the Stage 1 and Stage 3? You sound like an SRT4 owner talking like that.

Im not sure I was quoting what I read on bimmerpost. I am assuming it means stage 3 intake manifold compared to a stage 1 intake manifold, I was kind of hoping someone could explain the exact difference.

Are you sure they aren’t talking about a staged intake manifold of some sort? That has different runner lengths for different RPM’s. That’s the only thing I can think of when you say “stage.”

yeah thats it lol, I couldnt remember exactly.

hahahahahaha, wow.

:Idiots

hahaha, you can’t deny, most SRT 4 guys speak in “stages”

I don’t think anyone else here has a similar car, but please search and read the rest of the interwebzzz. You already are on E90 forum it seems, I did a quick search on Google and pulled up the below in a few seconds…

Technical Info

Conversion
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27727

Other isht

This post in particular seems to offer a good explanation of why there is a power difference in “just” the intake itself (3 stages in the 330i and 1 in the 325i) and ECU are worth that much HP.

Oh and another good read on what you are trying to do, featuring TMS equipment:

http://www.eurotuner.com/techarticles/eurp_0705_bmw_325i/index.html

Sit down though before look at the pricing. haha.

I would back check anything here with more searching- but hopefully this gets you started. You can see in one post that the intake + ECU was being offered for around $600, but who knows what they go for now.

Wow +rep to you, I seen that, but I dont know much about BMW’s yet so I didnt know what was truth and if it was worth it or not, Thanks for the finds!! :thumbup