wtb: ls1 or lt1

95 is a good year to have,really opens up a lot of engine possibilities for your car.

Carb4L

[quote=“CrazyLT1,post:19,topic:33375"”]

Money into my car?? The extra cash I spent on the blower would have been equal to the extra cash you would have to spend to buy an LS1 over an LT1. Anyways - I could have just slapped a $600 nitrous kit on there and done the same thing. But I just preferred the blower.

-The built bottom-end… ummm I’m pretty sure that doesn’t make my car any faster. Yes - it obviously did cost money (not all that much though). But it also gives me more assurance that my motor will hold together, which is always a good thing when trying to make power.
-And yes - LS1 motors must also be built if you want to put a lot of power through them and you don’t want the pistons to melt. :banghead:

I’m not saying either motor is better. Because stock for stock - there is no doubt that LS1’s are faster.

BUT, when it comes to high performance use - either motor can be taken to insane amounts of horsepower if done correctly…:tup:

[/quote]

Uh huh…

Or just buy a LS1 car for less then 10k and a cam kit and be just as fast as you :tup: :wink:

[quote=“talontsi2287,post:17,topic:33375"”]

well i have decided to go with the ls1, but not sure what i will need for the swap from the v6 to the ls1. i know i will need a motor and trannybut not so sure about what else . any advice would be great.

[/quote]

quick answer is: engine, transmission, k member, computer, harness, guage cluster. fuel system is going to have some issues too.

with a 95, it would be easier to go the LT1 route. and they can be just as fast, so dont discount it

LT1

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:22,topic:33375"”]

Uh huh…

Or just buy a LS1 car for less then 10k and a cam kit and be just as fast as you :tup: :wink:

[/quote]

:lol::lolham:

i have an LT1 for sale it has every thing you would need for the change. it comes with:
wiring harness (including the aldl connector)
alternator
a\c compressor
aluminum heads
power steering pump
pcm (computer)
radiator and hoses
all engine sensors
exhaust manifolds (with o2 sensor with the y pipe)
water pump
transmission (4l60e)
usb\ aldl cable for a laptop with software to fully tune the engine your self and change the gov.
the engine is fully assembled, comes complete from the fuel injectors all the way to the oil pan.
the engine came out of a 94’ trans-am gt

$1275.00 for all of it

lt1 buy it! I may be interested, how was the trans doing before it was pulled?