WTB parts and labour to convert to non hicas

i would like to know if anyone has the parts to convert to non hicas. if so how much u would like for them and if they would be able to change it for me too.

the sooner the better, pm or msn at supra_2099@hotmail.com

why dont you just unhook it ? i think you can pull a fuse for starters

you can even open up the hicas power steering pump and remove a few parts “which cuts out the hicas section of the pump” then you just plug the lines going to the rear for the hicas and your done…

say i have a rear subframe i can use would i be abel to use the power steering i have now.

Becasue i dont think i can use the power steering out of the 90 as well.

Another thing is in the 90 u only get one wheel to spin and mine has where both can. If i get a new subframe can i make it work and keep the lsd out of the one i have now.

did you read any of the useful info I wrote in your original thread (before it was completely deleted by the mods :roll: )

cut the two hicas hardlines which run to the back of the car along the passenger side… now join those two lines with a hose and some clamps… done!

hicas is now disabled and the rest of your PS system should work as normal… basically find where the leaking hardline is and cut it anywhere before that.

now that there’s no PS fluid going to the rear, you can do whatever the hell you want with the subframe. as for your two wheels spinning, just keep your rear differential (VLSD) if you swap to a '89 subframe… and keep the rear sway bar too (it’s thicker on hicas models).

Hicas has 3 fail safe selenoids to lock it when malfunctioning, do you really want to trust 15 year old selenoids?

find yourself a hicas-lock bar,

Say i cut them near the firewall should i remove the rest of the line after that.

just friggin swap it and dont mess with the ghetto shit, buy a subframe… buy bings rucas, traction and toe rods, and some solid alum bushings.
spend a day putting them on the subframe, then spend another day swapping subframes, do it carefully and drench the bolts with liquid wrench every day for a week and drive it as much as possible.

get a non hicas ps pump for $40… OR pull the hicas line from the pump and plug it up with gasket tape and silicone.

makes a world of a difference and worth every penny, i spent a fair ammount of time on my rear subframe and it is AWSOME.

can i just cut the lines and join them and drive the car for now till i find and put a subframe in.

i dont want to put the subframe in till winter when im not drivin it unless i have to.