WTB: rwd project car for < 3k

hilarious. you post up looking for advice, but we can’t nitpick.

aren’t you looking for the pros and cons with each car? my apologies if i may have done that to any degree since i have obviously hurt your feelings, but i thought that was your point by starting this thread.

and no, they won’t be cheap to mod. 240’d prolly be the best bang for the buck out of what you’ve listed. however, due to his age, i’m going to assume he doesn’t have much money given the budget for the car and factor this into my response.

cliffs: don’t post up looking for our .02 unless if you want to hear it. aside from that, there’s a BEAUTIFUL s13 240 in downtown wilmington. beige/gold (yeah, yeah - whatever) paint’s great, body’s beautiful, 5spd, cloth interior looks great - has HICAS :tdown: - let me know if this is interesting to you, it might be worth a trip down here. Wanna say they’re only asking 3K for it. and of course, being a southern car - it’s rust-free.

If you want pics or more info, let me know. Looks like it might be a great car for him :slight_smile:

conquest wouldnt be that bad.If you get a bigger turbo some hard pipes and upgrade the pump your hitting 13s all day.Always room to improve the motor too.

Maybe do a swap ? Turbo LS1
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/095ce8e2-36e4-40eb-b09a-997d00b59e10.htm

You can get conquest/starions very cheap.A decent running one for 1500 to 2500

read my post

all i asked was for posts on any of the following cars that were for sale. not what kind of rwd car should he get or what are the benefits of any of the cars listed. i know the pros and cons of these cars, therefor i do not need to be nit picked. thanks for the tip on the 240 though.

im not limiting him to imports, he just doesnt really want one, and like you said, i dont think he should have too much power being that hes only 16 and all. he’ll work his way up to it. hes used to driving a 98 monte carlo so he only needs a small upgrade in power.

the 240 in my sig, without the nice wheels/tires though.

76k miles, JDM 180sx seat, efans, new water pump/tstat/belts/engine+tranny mounts/spec stage 2+ clutch/hawk hp+ pads/ kyb gr2’s and eibach sportlines/ Apexi hybrid megaphone cat back/ front and rear STB’s/ Kazama TC rods/ ect.

egr blocked off, secondary IM butterflys removed, AIV valve removed. Every component of the ac system gutted.

$3300 w/ stock wheels

www.starquestclub.com

Find ALOT of Starions/Conquests on that forum for sale.

damn, you’re right. Wasn’t paying close enough attention, must be too used to threads asking for advice on what to buy, and then the orig poster hating everyone’s advice :slight_smile:

I’ll see if I can get some more pics & info on this 240, it’s too clean not to be bought by someone who can appreciate it.

pimp as hell for 2500 bucks.

http://images.craigslist.org/01010801021201040820070830c95613960f52f913c300d80d.jpg

younger kid wouldnt appreciate it though… buy my 240 and ill buy this.

that porsche is pretty sweet too, too bad its an auto, hell too bad the mazda is an auto, but id deal with it in the mazda…