WTB: s13 open diff for winter

i have a locking diff right now and i think its gonna be a handfull in the winter…

anyone got an open diff lying around they’d sell/give me?

Thanks,
Aaron

I have one. $20 and its yours. Has an S14 rear cover though.

dont buy an open diff, just use your 2 way you will be fine :roll:

dont drive it in the winter!!!

what he said…

go buy a little civic hatch or something …its just not worth it!

you buy a JDM car in great condition … then ONE winter … or even a few months of driving it in the winter and little rust and other things will start forming and you will never forgive yourself … or what if someone runs into you …winter isnt worth it EVER

…unless its a talon :stuck_out_tongue:

If the car is nice, don’t drive it in the winter. All sorts of rust and shit popped up on mine when I drove in the winter. I won’t make the same mistake again.

You will be getting stuck everywhere with an open diff. Especially if you have coilovers that are semi stiff. A small pot hole with a little snow will get a car stuck. Use your locker and just be careful with the throttle. (or not if you want to have fun)

this is very true …even a vlsd can get you stuck …

hah my first 240 i had i drove through a winter and i got stuck often on flat ground…now thats embarassing!
do us all a favour and dont ruin a clean car!

i drove my s14 with summer tires and lowered with coilovers. . . got stuck on flat ground as well. . . pretty embarassing. … :oops:

also got “rear ended” in the winter. . . plz don’t drive your 240/silvia/180 in the winter, it’s not meant for it. . .

free if you come to calgary to get it :smiley:

i have nowhere to store the car this winter, no garage and i’m not forking over another couple grand to buy a beater, get it fixed, etc and storage costs for the sil80…

it will be fine in the winter, its been undercoated which will prevent undercarriage rust. if a bit of surface rusts pops up i’ll pay the couple hundred to get that fixed… plus i work from home, i dont drive it as often on the salty snowy downtown streets so it should be fine. i wash my car religously in the winter (every 2nd day). yeehaw!

taking the lip off obviously, possibly the skirts, and setting the suspension to the softest, and highest it will go. (and blizzaks on stock 240 rims too).

i have done the math, its cheaper to fix one car than two :lol:

Just curious is an open diff better in winter?

Wouldnt you slide around corners less but get stuck everywhere else more?
(i will be driving a 240 this winter)

sorry if its a little off topic

no with a locking diff, from a stop light you’d leave everyone else behind (both wheels with 50/50 torque).

its throttling around corners you have to be careful of (inside tire spinning as fast as outside tire = sliding).

if your coasting through a corner you’re fine, no torque to the diff, no lock