WTB: S60R / V70R Wreck/Salvage/Damaged

Looking to buy a salvage/etc… S60R/V70R. I am looking to swap over the drive-train and etc… Must be Manual Transmission and part the rest.

Please let me know if you come across anything or have even just the drive-train components available.

PM please or reply to this thread.

Thank you!

I support this :number1

I’ll keep an eye out.

Sweet! Thanks man!

The trans in the blue one shit the bed. Probably the front differential. SO If I even find just the 6-speed trans I’ll try to make that work as well. I hear it’s not terribly easy, but whatever. :slight_smile:

Verrryyyy easy I’ve done it once I can help :slight_smile: need the trans angle gear if Urs is stripped, shifter cables shifter and pedals then a tune from ardideas.com for a manual trans! Cake but a bit pricey

Awesome to know! Im going to talk with the folks from ipd as i have a g wrapped up with them already, but from what i can gather they dont do much of that type of tuning if any. The ipd tune i received actually didnt work properly because as soon as i loaded it on there the car it would cause a surge at like 10% throttle and then after the shift it would lull hard and then surge again. I did some extensive work on making sure the car was ok mechanically as well. When the tune was removed, the car went back to normal operation and no surge.

yeaaa stop dealinbg with ipd on the tune end of things haha… the guy that owns ard used to work for ipd and went on his own he was their number one tuner, they went to shit when he left… and now hes doing his own tuning and does an amazing job of it all, ive had him do 5 tunes for me and he stands by it all 100% quick shipping and everything

That’s good information. I’ll see what they can do for me with the existing tune I have. I don’t want to waste the $$$ I have invested in that tune, but I’m sure I’ll get the shit end of the stick somehow. Though it’s too early to tell yet.

I’m actually looking at the folks at ARD. The main reason I went with IPD was because of the ability to have the “Soft Loader” and remove and reinstall the tune as well as have some mild functionality when looking for codes and data.

Bro I can set you up with vida ( that’s volvos diagnostics software) and the hardware for under 175$ all the diag codes and proper repair Procedures for all the cars! Ipd will not tune up car for a 6 speed I can promise you that you might as well as cut up losses now and sell that tune on eBay and get a ard one and be done with it, the owner lucky is straight forward and a awesome guy to deal with. But anything Volvo just ask and as far as parts go I can def hook you up with awesome deals with new Volvo parts or I can point you in the direction for used parts ( I’m good friends with jack that runs Eire Volvo in Utica)

Dude, I’m all for getting hooked up with that VIDA software. That would be soooo useful for me! Thank you for helping me out with this mess btw

I have the feeling that I will get boned with IPD, but I don’t feel like losing almost a grand for nothing… I still need a transmission so I’ll fight to get my moneys worth!

I’m all for getting hooked up with some deals, but I’m not about to put anyone out because of my own needs. If it’s cool with you then I can’t argue with a hookup!

I like the way you speak highly of the dude at ARD. I think it’s time I started working with him. I have also been looking at the folks up at erie vovo for a time now because they do have an awesome parts selection!

My friend and I are going to be starting up a repair shop/speed shop business shortly as well, so I will probably be looking for some useful information about who is and who is not trustworthy with Volvo stuff. Any ideas or comments are appreciated!

def bro… if you have a volvo problem i can def get it all squared away for you. im in the prosess if i ever get the damn time to finish putting in a 5 speed and s60r power train in my car right now

Oh hell yes! Maybe I can join you in the R madness shortly! Yeahh, then there’s that time thing here too…