WTF Happened to the Wegmans on Dick Road?

If you shop here you know what I’m talking about.

Ever since the Walmart replaced the flea market, the city has slowly been creeping into Depew passed the Dick and George Urban intersection.

There are kids unattended running around. People with their fucking pants at their knees. And on Sunday three women got into a verbal altercation next to me at the Sub Shop.

I’m not going to comment on the new demographic.

Don’t get me started about Crunch Fitness, that’s been going downhill for a while.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

#urbansprawl.

Look at the Walmart on Sheridan in Amherst. Bus lines directly from the East Side/Bailey. Just wait until they build this fucking subway line all over like they want, it’s going to be so awesome.

Came into this thread thinking the place blew up or something, lol.

Demographics change man. What you need to do is move downtown like a lot of us are doing, gentrifying the shit out of Buffalo, and forcing low-rent seekers to the burbs. :upside_down_face:

As for this specific Wegmans, I’ve never had a bad experience there.

1 Like

There’s a reason the Galleria banned busses from their property until they got sued.

2 Likes

I’m on the corner of union and william, as soon as the city breeches the 90 that’ll be my cue to move.

Do it now before your property value is in the toilet.

1 Like

It’s been rising, but I’m afraid of the oncoming dip you mention.

whenever I hear gentrification all I can think about is Lillian

2 Likes

East Aurora… just sayin. :grin:

Cheektowaga is dead…it just doesnt know it yet.

East Aurora is the most beautiful town surrounding Buffalo IMO. But even the tiniest shittiest shack there is 300K+. I could afford it but I’d be house broke, it wouldn’t be a responsible financial move on my part.

Maybe one day.

That is a myth, you can get a shit shack for $200,000. :smile:
It is pretty crazy in the last 2 or 3 years though, houses are for sale for less than 24 hours.
You cannot hesitate and people are paying over asking price on some just to lock down a deal.

That’s pretty much all of WNY right now, outside of the ghetto. Several people I know have bought houses in Amherst, OP and Clarence and all had the same problems of finding a place that didn’t sell 24 hours after listing for over list price.

My buddy sold his house in EA to up-size and has been living in an apartment with his family for a year now because they can’t find a house that’s affordable or available in EA…

And yet you can’t use Skip the Dishes in EA or OP… who’d want to move there?! :grimacing:

To be fair, Skip is leaving the US all together…lol

EA doesn’t even allow businesses to advertise (IIRC)

What?!?!?

Damn I had no idea! So what, do I have to use Deal Dash now?

Door Dash is my go-to, granted entirely different area.