WTF internet?

Everyone with problems, post up what sites you are currently having. I just spoke with my manager at work and we need a list of everything. Man I don’t see why I’m working on my day off… bahhhh

The list so far I know of:

eBay
Myspace
Bank of America secure login

this is driving me crazy, i can’t access my bank account to make sure my deposits for unemployment and my tax return check went through and i need to pay my rent tomarrow. im fucked, i also have three CC payments due on the 3rd. this is bullshit. i cant even get into the unemployment website to claim my next benefits check.

You work at Adelphia and he is asking you for a list?

When I used to do work for towns and such that use TW in Rochester for their internet lines, sometimes a whole grid would go out. It could be anything from some dumbass construction crew hit a line to their DNS servers shit the bed. If you are plugged right into your modem and can pull IP addresses, try to change your DNS servers to some other free ones. Might not be 100% stable but can help you get by if its just the TW DNS system shitting the bed.

Obviously they have some sort of firewall issue blocking port 443 traffic or some really dumb routing issue.

Its not a DNS issue if people just can’t connect to secure sites…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:104,topic:28479"”]

You work at Adelphia and he is asking you for a list?

[/quote]

Internally all the sites work fine. Hence why asking me because I am out on one of the public IP’s that is being affected.

http://ubit.buffalo.edu/alert/index.php?alert=1177949109

More information about this problem

Over the weekend of 4/28-4/29 Time Warner made changes to
their networks including parts of their network that service
Buffalo area cable modem customers.

These changes appear to have led to various problems. Time
Warner technical staff are aware of the problem and report
that they are working on them.

Some problems that have been reported:

• connecting to various UB systems such as UBmail-beta.
  • connecting to “secure” websites such as eBay, myspace
    and google mail (gmail)
  • sending Email (SMTP)
  • Households with multiple computers behind a single router
    may see one computer work fine while another experiences
    problems.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:106,topic:28479"”]

Obviously they have some sort of firewall issue blocking port 443 traffic or some really dumb routing issue.

Its not a DNS issue if people just can’t connect to secure sites…

[/quote]

It’s def not a DNS issue there is a routing problem, we are trying to figure out which sites and blades are experiencing the same issue.

GAY!!!

is the ETA still 3pm or is it going to take longer?

Well if one of your cores are down good luck.

If anyone wants to try a free dns server: 204.117.214.10

Did timewarner Re IP its public addresses and fuck up reverse DNS?

Haven’t heard anything on an ETA. Currently everything that routes through port 443 is being blocked for some reason. I’ve forwarded information to them but since I’m not @ work I won’t have any exact update on the ETA unless they send me an email or call back.

Dos, what email are you using, so far 110 and 25 work fine, so instead of webmail use Outlook Express and you shouldn’t have a problem accessing mail for the day.

cant send mail for shit on outlook, can receive but not send.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:114,topic:28479"”]

Haven’t heard anything on an ETA. Currently everything that routes through port 443 is being blocked for some reason. I’ve forwarded information to them but since I’m not @ work I won’t have any exact update on the ETA unless they send me an email or call back.

Dos, what email are you using, so far 110 and 25 work fine, so instead of webmail use Outlook Express and you shouldn’t have a problem accessing mail for the day.

[/quote]

Its either people blocked or SSL is trying to do a reverse look up on the IP and timing out after it accepts the connection.

There is no reason why port 443 traffic would be routed any differently then other traffic…Peoples connections are getting out to 443 then timing out.

The sites are trying to reverse DNS the IPs then time out…If I had to guess.

Adelphia wouldn’t do some weird QoS on 443 traffic.

[quote=“DrDoS,post:115,topic:28479"”]

cant send mail for shit on outlook, can receive but not send.

[/quote]

What outgoing are you using? Try switching to smtp-server.roadrunner.com

Where do I send my resume to?

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:118,topic:28479"”]

Where do I send my resume to?

[/quote]

Haha you don’t want to change your cushy job you already have :slight_smile:

myspace
gmail