Wtf, ticking after UD pulley install

Put in my pulleys today and the engine is ticking tonight:banghead

The crankshaft pulley doesn’t have a harmonic balancer but I’ve never heard of anyone having issues with the AMS pulleys. It sounds like a loud lifter tick, coming from the top of the engine towards the firewall. Any ideas?

no idea. off the top of my head, maybe the problem existed prior to the pulley install and the lightweight/lack of harmonic balancer pulley only magnified it?

good luck fixing it!

my shit ticks 24/7…I can’t fucking hear myself think over my valvetrain ticking away!

FML

K20, whats wrong with the Civ?

haha nothing, aftermarket valvetrains on these bitches are noisy. Ticks like a fuck!

Shit, atleast you know what it is. I’m gonna call up AMS tomorrow and see if they can give me some suggestions

weird as this sounds, my car sounded like it has a crazy lifter tick, like to the point where i thought something was wrong. It ended up being my alternator belt was slightly split and was smackin aganist the block and sounded like a lifter tick. Check your belts

I’ll pull the radiator tomorrow and check the belts since I gotta tighten them up anyways. They’re starting to squeal