WTF v. 219 speed limit

Recently the speed limit on the 219 was changed from 55 to 65. Northbound, the 65 zone picks up where it used to end right at the Armor-Duells exit. It goes back to 55 just before the 90 interchange. Heading southbound, the first 65MPH sign isn’t until halfway between Milestrip and 20A. So, the speed limit is 55 one direction, 65 the other direction for a stretch a few miles long. It’s been like this for a couple weeks. WTF is up with that? The state can’t afford any more speed limit signs?

LoL I always wondered why they dropped it to 55 so far ahead of the 90.

I noticed that too I travel this every day. The weekend it changed I left early in the morning to hang at my friends house in the north towns and came back really late at night and thought i was seeing things lol. Either way it seems to move traffic much better I like it. Just stay in the passing lane and do 80 :burnout:

It’s so the OP and West Seneca police can still sit by the Duerr road bridge and nab speeders like they love to do.

this brings up my thread again about the local road around me, clarence center rd. how they have end 45 going one way, and no end 45 the other way. so one way is 55 and the other is 45.

speedtrap :tup:

I honestly think people were complaining because of the amount of cops that would take advantage of the speed limit there, it was tough to drop from 65 down to 55 heading north bound on what seemed like the exact same stretch of road.

Since the change, I haven’t seen one cop looking for speeders. and DAMN it feels weird doing 75 on that stretch now.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta… I just got pulled over there. 64 in a 55. Yay

Where exactly did they get you?

ummm the speed dropes to 55 north at west seneca …speed picks up south at milestrip not at armor… jus sayin I have been going 75 right after north changes

this past spring they would have one or two guys sitting on the armor-duels bridge with speed guns nailing people at the 55mph sign below them that didn’t slow down soon enough, radioing ahead to troopers… It was a really shitty speed trap that nabbed a ton of people. i never got hit by it but i always saw a ton of people pulled over between there and the 20a exit.

whats really going to be interesting is when i go to court for 70 in a 55 i got on the 219 about 2 weeks before the changeover…

lol okay, im glad i wasn’t the only one that was thinking this.

I thought it was always 65 tbh, I just was too retarded to see the 65 sign before the 90 changeover… One day I saw it and was like omg, it’s always been 65? I’m so retarded.
but it is pretty lame that the opposite way it doesn’t change to 65 until past milestrip.

Yeah I just had court in OP like 3 weeks ago for a 70 in a 55. $90 fine. I want my fuggin money back. WTH!!

Something tells me, your probably screwed too. The speed limit was 55mph when you were caught.

Just wanted to update this. There are now 65 mph signs just after you cross overtop of the 90. I guess the state had enough money to buy more signs

That’s encouraging news.

9 over in a 55? That’s a bullshit ticket. Cop must have been on the rag.