WTH: Are you a l33t h4x? Possible job opening

So right now we outsource all of our actual tech shit…and when all is said and done main’t contracts + “service not covered under contract” we end up paying WAYYYYYYYYYY the fuck too much

Plus, I don’t feel like explaining to someone how to use the signature feature in outlook.

As a result we may be looking for a Network engineer/IT superguru/yadda yadda

Here’s what you need to do:

Run our servers (5 or 6 dell something or others in a rack running 2003 & exchange)

Manage our network (see above…routers, yadda yadda)

Do helpdesk tasks

etc… etc… everything a 1 man IT department would be expected to do.

The good news for you: 90% of our shit is 5 mos old. Spec’d out to the most expensive shit they offered us…13 tape sleeved backup shit and all that good stuff. Stand alone AC unit, etc… etc…

The better news for you: It’s in buffalo and the pay is in the $55K and UP range

The best news for you: We make and spend a shit ton of money (our profits by end of 07 will be around 1M/mo), we buy top of the line shit, and you’ll rarely if ever have a problem w/ budget.

Post about your leetness below…DO NOT PM ME, if you’re leet you should be able to be public about it…if you feel the need to PM me look in the mirror and you’ll see someone self conscious starring back…you will not be considered

Important note: If you don’t have people skills (ie you got into computers b/c you had no friends) DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS JOB

Other notes: Marketing drives this company, as a result you will do what marketing tells you to do, if you have a problem with that, do not post.

lol… joe, do want an s2k in the parking lot?

skunky

I sent this over to my network admin/exchange guru buddy to see if he’s interested. He was managing ClientLogic’s multi-national exchange server/network for quite a while, so he knows his shit.

lol damn you mirror, stop mocking me.

what about people not on the forum? i know someone perfect

“I have people skills god dammit - why can’t you understand!”

Besides - my 1337sauce is beyond your primitive language’s capabilities.

I do what you want for a living, and would love ONE company instead of over 100! Four years of driving around town deailing with company after company is putting a lot of strain on my car, and honestly… I would LOVE to be a part of a company, instead of just “the computer guy”

of our 100s of companies, I deal a LOT with our law firm clients! There are a ton that do exactly what your company does, regardless of how much profit they make monthly. So, I have already dealt with and worked with law firms and many other types of prefessionals like CPAs and Doctors. Companies I have dealt with have been as small as 4 people to as large as multiple locations and 50+ employees. Since I am the outsourced IT guy, and manage a business of that size, it would be a great step to work with a large company as my primary job! I love the people, and the challenge that a large company brings, and I am totally up for the task!

I have 2003 server and exchange experience.
I manage and maintain companies, and have great people skills. I have MANY personal business references that can confirm this, if necessary.
I have done all MCSE training and am doing the tests one by one.
I do virus/spyware removal, have built over 1,000 computers that I configured from company to company, based on their needs.
I have installed servers, and revamped entire networks.
I have installed countless routers, wireless networks, and switches. I have even installed secure wireless networks at several inns and motels.
I am very good at finding answers and solutions. With dozens of software programs that I’ve come across, I am also extremely good at learning software and helping when needed.

My company has found a great way to do remote troubleshooting, and I would be able to work with anyone at any time of the day from anywhere in the world. A great thing to have, when something goes wrong!

I do basic phone troubleshooting daily from “my printer won’t work” to “the server crashed, what now?” So, I have the small Tech Help Guy covered, as well as having the vast knowledge of many companies, and years of experience.

I have been doing this for four years next month, and love it still. I keep up on current technologies, as well as keep learning daily even still!

I am always willing to go the extra mile, and am great at being efficient with many projects in my lap (it is a necessity when having to work with dozens of companies a week!)

I know both XP, 2003 Server, and have dealt with Linux and Novell. It sounds like you are totally 2003 server/XP so this is a plus!

I have a resume ready, if you would like to see it and am VERY interested in this position! This is the step/direction I have been thinking of going for a while now!

As a bonus, our company deals with problems BEFORE they happen, and isn’t just a go-to guy! We have maintenance contracts with a lot of local companies, and we go in to make sure everything is working properly and make sure problems DON’T happen, and if they do, we are ready to resolve them quickly!

Do you need more information? I can answer any questions you have!

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

PS. Im an extremely fast typer, so when there is a problem… it is definitely a plus when having to do things. Watching Jim at my office work, for example, is painstaking. He knows a lot, but when he types he has to look at the keyboard sometimes.

Dell? cheap, should of went IBM.

That’s why they are hiring someone now.

I took Microsoft Access 2003 last semester, does that count???

I can use a calcumalater.

I would hire you just to make the people who answer the phones in the back feel like they’re not the dumbest people on the planet

no there aren’t. We’re not a law firm.

That’s cool… Some of the owners founded ClientLogic

Sorry Joe, I was trying to emphasize the fact that I work with many different companies. I thought you worked at a lawyers office for some reason. I would love to know everything there is to know about where you work as I can accomplish what you want and need.

And I was referring to “there are a ton that do exactly…” by saying they all outsource. Sorry for the confusion. I’m sure your company is unlike any I work with, but with my experience dealing with several different types of businesses I feel confident in my abilities to be what you are looking for.

Thought about outsourcing to a new company :slight_smile: <---------

We are starting to handle local jobs for server management (AD, Exchange, etc) and also do network monitoring and on call support

It’s cheaper to employ someone full time

inb4sherm

dos is good.

dos is in californIA