WTH: Are you a l33t h4x? Possible job opening

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:13,topic:32239"”]

I would hire you just to make the people who answer the phones in the back feel like they’re not the dumbest people on the planet

[/quote]

:lol:

props to whoever gets this. sounds like a good gig. after a semester of this stuff, i see why computer guys are paid so well.

hmm depending on pay I would leave the Sabres…

I will talk to you tomorrow…

I handle the all the IT for the Sabres/HSBC arena 15 servers+…Nortel switches…Wireless network…Private Sabres network…Guest network…Exchange server…Daily desktop issues…blah blah blah…

I have been doing what you need since 1990 but I don’t like to work with people as short as you so I’ll pass.

:lol:

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:20,topic:32239"”]

dos is in californIA

[/quote]

If by California, you mean driving around Hertel Avenue last night, then you are correct. :wink:

[quote=“JoesTypeS”"]

snip

[/quote]

cliff notes- If you’re not Ari Fucking Gold in a short sleeve shirt, don’t bother. Regardless of that, I will call you Turtle for the remainder of your career and you will love it.

PS someone buy this

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:13,topic:32239"”]

I would hire you just to make the people who answer the phones in the back feel like they’re not the dumbest people on the planet

[/quote]

lol.

[quote=“sizak,post:9,topic:32239"”]

Dell? cheap, should of went IBM.

[/quote]

lololololololololololololololololololololol… breath, breath, breath… lolololololololololololol.

Thanks, I needed that. IBM’s systems are the most over-rated piles of shit I’ve ever worked with. And when you call support you’re lucky if you find one with experience with anything other than a little PC. We spent almost a year trying to get a clustered IBM server running MS-SQL before IBM eventually gave up, refunded our money, and we bought a Dell. This was after they had sent their IBM ninjas to our site to try fixing it multiple times. IBM went through 4 SCSI RAID controllers in that time period. It got to the point that we would hold our breath around the damn thing because we were sure the slightest tremor would cause the SCSI cards to blow.

Sorry for going off topic, but that year+ of crap I went through meant I can never stay quiet when I hear someone say IBM > Dell.

HP Blades FTW

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:20,topic:32239"”]

dos is in californIA

[/quote]

really? I seen his car on colvin about 1 week ago…u cant miss the rims/lowered IS300 of his.

maybe that job of his didn’t pan out?

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:28,topic:32239"”]

HP Blades FTW

[/quote]

HP servers are definitely the shit bang for your buck.

so are their switches.

desktops and laptops on the otherhand :picard:

Edit : fuck.

ouch

[quote=“chino,post:31,topic:32239"”]

HP servers are definitely the shit bang for your buck.

so are their switches.

desktops and laptops on the otherhand :picard:

[/quote]

I really like the ILo system they have…

I did like dell till I had an on going battle with a tape drive…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:34,topic:32239"”]

I really like the ILo system they have…

I did like dell till I had an on going battle with a tape drive…

[/quote]

you’ll have a battle with any tape drive at some point… they’re mechanical, they fuck up :tdown:

i <3 coke and hookers.

do i get the job?

[quote=“JayS,post:27,topic:32239"”]

lololololololololololololololololololololol… breath, breath, breath… lolololololololololololol.

Thanks, I needed that. IBM’s systems are the most over-rated piles of shit I’ve ever worked with. And when you call support you’re lucky if you find one with experience with anything other than a little PC. We spent almost a year trying to get a clustered IBM server running MS-SQL before IBM eventually gave up, refunded our money, and we bought a Dell. This was after they had sent their IBM ninjas to our site to try fixing it multiple times. IBM went through 4 SCSI RAID controllers in that time period. It got to the point that we would hold our breath around the damn thing because we were sure the slightest tremor would cause the SCSI cards to blow.

Sorry for going off topic, but that year+ of crap I went through meant I can never stay quiet when I hear someone say IBM > Dell.

[/quote]

odd, we have a dozen ibm x servers in production along with two IBM Sans with zero problems other than some edge memory going bad. not to mention that we run a gfs clsuter across all of them all sharing the same luns with zero problems.

out of the 100 or so servers i manage between the dells and ibms the ibms have had the less problems and easiest to work with.

[quote=“sizak,post:37,topic:32239"”]

odd, we have a dozen ibm x servers in production along with two IBM Sans with zero problems other than some edge memory going bad. not to mention that we run a gfs clsuter across all of them all sharing the same luns with zero problems.

out of the 100 or so servers i manage between the dells and ibms the ibms have had the less problems and easiest to work with.

[/quote]

Same could be said about our 56 Dell poweredge 2650s, and our 4 EMC SANs.

We had one power supply go on an old powervault, and service has been rocking.

They are all good, they will all have problems. everything is made in china/malaysia/thailand

^
Exactly. It is all electronic, all produces heat, and just like anything mechanical, it is all prone to failure. It’s just a given in computers… at one point, it will fail. It does not matter what manufacturer you buy from, hardware failures are imminent.

It is the plans you have set up before the problems occur, that is important. They are GOING to happen and I don’t care if you’ve had an IBM server that has run for 10+ years without an issue. Somewhere else, there is the same server that failed in a month. :slight_smile:

cough fail over cough

Virtual machines ftw