x-box ring of death!

Hey guys just wondering how many of you guys had the problem? Mine just died and I dont use it often. Sucks!!!

you can use the the towel trick to get more life out of it.

i got it…

sent it to get fixed.

all good since then

Don’t ever do that.

i had a 1st gen core it lasted me 2 years. i sent it in and got it back 10 days later. so i sold it to gamestop (big rip off) and bought a elite. never failed me yet.

yes they are, what did they give you $30 for it

Still waiting to get mine back, takes a fucking month!!

I also had an OG one.

just got mine back, actually got a different console, refurb born 9-06, it’s working pretty good. My launch console lasted a little over 2 years.

What seriously sucks is the DRM problem, once you change consoles, you have to be logged into live to play any downloaded games or content.

mine took a shit, and i got mine back in like 11 days.

i had one that had the ring of death the first time i plugged it in. so i returned it and got another one.

ive gotten the ring of death a few times already and it was only because my hdav cable wasnt in all the way or the switch was half way over and shit like that… fixed the prob and started rite back up every time

got it 2x, first time tried to fix myself, made it worse, bought a new one, got it, sent it in, all set since.

knob, that isnt the ring of death. that is saying that something isnt plugged in right…

it has to be incomplete ring for a system failure

i was just reading this thread earlier… so happy that my OG 360 is still kicking… hardly ever use it…

today i just got the rockband drumkit mailed to me… i played 1 song… then it froze.
WTF… restart… froze again…

restart… ring of death… FUCK YOU

STOP DOING THIS!!!

Does anyone here know why the 360 is failing? It’s because of HEAT. So you’re going to make it heat up MORE?!

Let me explain what is wrong with the 360. The circuit board is made out of the thinnest possible material they could find to cut costs. The processor isn’t mounted in a socket(to cut more costs), it’s just soldered half-assed into it. When the processor heats up, the board warps from the weight of the processor chip. While it’s on, it’s not really a problem but it’s when it cools off that things go bad, the solder connections break. The more you heat it up while it’s running, the more the board warps and the larger the cracks become when it cools until eventually they won’t ever touch again.

MS didn’t do the proper testing for this thing, they just shoved it out the door knowing that there are 2 billion stupid MS fanboys out there that will buy it and keep coming back even though there is a 33% failure rate and THEY HAVEN’T FIXED THE PROBLEM. I just saw a video of one in their own consumer display with a RROD and this was supposed to be the new ‘fixed’ model. Don’t think so.

If you’re one of the lucky ones that hasn’t seen the RROD, elevate it off the ground, make sure it’s out in the open and put a fan on it.

mine just did this to i hardly ever play it, it has like 3 red rings does that mean its done for?

3 of 4 = general hardware failure aka RROD

I got the RRoD back in Oct, did the “smack 3 times” worked good til middle of Dec. Got the RRoD again, did the towel trick, worked up to 3 weeks ago. So, I sent it in, already on it’s way back. MS did cover it under warranty, but I have heard there have been cases where they haven’t covered it after the towel trick. Have been playing PS3 since.

reading this makes not want to get a 360 now… what if you put the 360 on a laptop cooler plate?? itll prolly last longer

All the 360’s that are being sold now are “Falcon” 360’s which means the CPU is manufactured with a better process and the heatsink has been redesigned. Essentially, 99% of the heat problems have been solved.