Xbox 360 took a shit now what?

Ok so I was playing some vids on the good ol 360 and all of the sudden the game froze. The screen did not turn blue and I did not yet get a red lights. The screen looked just like an old school VHS movie that was paused. Stationary picture with a few lines going through the middle.
I then turned off the console and turned it back on. 3 red quadrants light up. Tried again a few days later. Console powered up, started the game and bam. It froze again. Restarted and got the 3 red quadrants. So now what? It is one of the first production run consoles. The only difference is that I swaped out the processor heat sink with the upgraded one. (one with the heatpipe and heat sink at the end). Should i even try to repair/have it repaired, or just replace it? Pros ,cons, suggestions?

A few things i know for sure. Game is new so its not the disk. The console has ran with an after cooler on it since like a week after i got it. Has allways had plenty of space to breathe and I would take it apart about every 6 months just to blow the dust off of the heat sinks and what not(usually very little to none).

needs a solder reflow,it will temporarily fix the problem…might last a week or 3 months.Best solution is to buy another xbox.

^^^Thats what i though. Would that be the solder on the processors or other components? I drilled holes in the metal case right under the “x brackets” that hold the heat sinks to the board. I did that because I noticed that the aftercooler that I have on the back of the case actually draws most of the air around the metal inner case of the x box so I figured any amount of air going past the solder points of the processor would potentially eliviate any problems with over heating, guess i was wrong lol. Ah well. Ill pop it open and see whats what and just get a new one if i cant get it going. Hell I have beat the thing up for like 4 years its had a good life.

Shit I would try:

1. Compressed air that bitch and try and get the dust out
  2. Try other discs, Bad Dvd-rom drive?
  3. HDD failure?
  4. New xbox

my friend has an xbox for sale, he bought a new one while his was being fixed by microsoft. ill ask him how much he wants. he’s on here but he rarely goes on