XP people I got a ?

I got my friends laptop…It kept restarting on start up and crap…Got rid of a few viruses etc it boots fine now…

But…Her user account it screwed up…its reading data from…

C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP

Not

C:\Documents and Settings\Cassandra

Like its supposed to be…is there an easy way to change this?

Im assuming there is some registry value for default search path for a users directorys?

Im sticking to UNIX this XP shit is lame

right click My Computer in the start menu, go to properties.

Advanced Tab -> Environmental Variables.

Is that what you’re looking for?

Nah

It lost a User name its kinda weird…

If you goto Advanced Tab and click Settings under account profiles it says Account Unknown…

What happens if you create a new user account. Could you just backup the settings, recreate the account, and restore the backed-up info?

Then lists two duplicate user profiles…that are slightly diffrent sizes and one is labeled as a backup…Hmmm

Im gonna try adding a user and copying all the contents of the one folder over to it and see what happens…Im sure it will fuck something up but oh well…

I figured there would be a user account variable that you can edit to pick the users directory path.

Straight from google in regards to killing the evil account once done:

[quote=“dude”"]
well if either, this is easy to do, boot into safe mode, then log on as default admin, then open control panel-> admin tools->comp mng-> then goto -> local users and tools and delete the rouge user folder and it will be gone. keep in mind whatever user u delete form this area will completely remove it, so make sure u r deleting the proper 1.
[/quote]

I got it all figured out now…I was just hoping there was an easy way to change the settings…

damn, i wish i was here to see the reply! I knew how to fix this… Sorry I wasn’t around for the second response!

Glad you got it all figured out