YAPT: Phone Died - Looking @ options

I rule at killing stuff don’t I?>

My D900 had a wierd failure last night, the LCD is toas, looks like it cracked. Wierd thing is, I never dropped it, smacked it, looked at it funny, etc.

Anywya, being with Cingular I was perusing the phones, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the BJII. Baring an upcoming 3G iPhone release (which I hear may be announced at MacWorld, but not actually released for sometime) I think the BJII makes sense.

I’d prefer to keep this phone under $200. I do get Cingular premier pricing, and am due for a contract update so that helps.

Any other suggestions?

I primarily use it as a phone, but MSExchange sync’ing would be phenominal to keep me current. (I’m late on that train).

Thanks!

Hi, blackjack II, its quite an awesome device. and get it now while the special is still running. 99.99 after 100 mail in rebate.

Other option but more pricey is the Tilt, or Pantech Duo(same price as bjII with special).

Any other questions I can answer for you post here or pm me, whatever.

Happy to help.

The Tilt seemed a bit big, but I liked it in theory.

How is the battery life on the BJ? Good if you keep 3G off when you don’t need it?

The 3G doesnt really steal extra power like some people say.

The Tilt is large but it has its pros.

What is your usage like. For moderate usage I would expect 2 days out of the BJII.

Moderate usage = less than 2 hours of call time a day. less than 400 text email incoming outgoing total. And less than 20 megabytes surfed on the web. and less than 30 minutes gps telenav.

If that sounds like you. 2 days can be expected.

Car Chargers are never a bad idea to have.

Using a Bluetooth headset will actually cut down on your batt life usage becuase its more efficient.