Yaris turbo. go figure... it wont come to the US

ill make sure this doesnt turn into a flame war by saying i wasnt talking up GM or any other manufacturer in particular, i guess people must really sweat reliability cause just seems to me like new toyotas have zero character. Camrys, Corollas, etc. just create a big “meh.” They haven’t had a legit performance car here in ~10 years, and the only styling of theirs that stands out to me is those god-awful scion xBoxes, dont know if its the xB or xA. Power-to-weight is all well and good, but given the choice of two cars with equal perf. specs, but one can fit you, your friends, and your shit in it without a can opener, they can keep their power-to-weight.
The recalls on every model in 1 year was probably just a fluke, but if they lose their reliability edge, mainly perceived but actual too, seems like the incentive to buy one just wouldnt be there. I’m not a be-all-end-all GM guy, my final car choice was between a GTO and a G35 coupe, and it was close.

then again, i’m just a domestic driver. im sure theres people out there that dont have the slightest interest in any given brand.