You owe 40 million to the government for a piece are art you cant sell or donate

nothing wrong with correcting miss-information on the 'net, more people should do it and people shouldn’t be upset about it. +rep.

If I remember correctly there was a Native American tribe that was granted permission to hunt bald eagles in very limited numbers for religous purposes not too long ago. Maybe they can donate it to them or trade for $65 million in beads and fire water.

take out an insurance policy on it.
burn it to the ground
???
profit?

LMAO. Would + rep but I can’t.

that’s definetly fucked. They have to leave it on display in a public museam or get in deep shit and they can’t sell it, so how is it fair to pay any tax on it. That is the very definition of worthless if you ask me. Plus one of the idiots that appraises the stuff for the govt. said point blank they go by their subjective opinion of “artistic” worth not fair market value.

I would figure the law would state the fair market and accurate resell-able value and not what someone thinks it should be worth.

Also where the fuck do they come up with 65 million dollars? Not to mention how does it go from 15 million to 65 million in a matter or months?