Zach's 97 Honda dx

Go B-series, everything else is a waste of money. You will thank me later.

this

H deuce makes more NA power but there are other reasons you don’t want one. B series is a simple swap and easy to come by. They love the boost and are amazingly reliable. I would put my money on a boosted stock B series for reliability over a full NA build D or H22. Its win win no matter what direction you go. I will agree with the B16 trans tho. The B18C1 trans is not bad but stay away from the B18B trans. Super tall gears.

Mos people here will agree with me. I love to see different things in builds but if you want a easy swap for moderate cost with good performance, driveability and reliability then its hard to beat the tried and true B series swap.

Yeah i think im just gonna go with the b18c set up when i get the money by the end of the summer. Then most likely turboing it next spring but not sure ill see if i like the power haha from the swap. And does turbos eat up mpg?

not until ya get it spoolin

at 460whp it got 34 mpg untill i put my foot in it, its all in the part throttle tune

i thought it was 465 stink?

Justin or ReDevil do you know who drives the black honda civic with projector lights and eyelids on it. Look like he had rims on it towasnt too sure was behind me then turned

I am from the same area, saw something like this other day 96-00 civic coupe, projectors with yellowish tint and some gun metal hubcaps, was some chick driving it…

Have yet to see that one lol. Probably more college kids rollin the summer rides…

Yours looks tons better with the painted fenders. I need to paint my tailgate soon.

im just giving some info. my buddy has a older jdm h22 with a 30r at 8psi pushing 350whp 300ftlbs and for reliability it all depends on the tune. i know tru jdm fanboys love b-series but if i had to choose b-series get a b20 for power. and i wouldnt pick it over a h22 any day or even a f22. i like torque more than horsepower for a daily and gas mpg. but i guess it comes down to what you hear or see. and im pretty sure the h22 will make more power with less effort.

If you were an engine builder from another sport and you decided to build a turbo Honda to make the most power possible and you looked at both motors side by side, it would should be no brainer. Bigger valves, better flow, more displacement, and a short stroke that can rev

and if h22 has a weakness id say its the ignition and trans but drop coil packs on it and h2b

and look at the 1/4 mile times from a type-s h22 with a b16 trans stock. and dyno can put down more than 200whp and 170ftlbs but i guess it matters on your dyno. just remember 2.2>1.8 or 2.0 almost like asking a ford guy old 302 or 351? should be simple unless you take in outside influence of jdm fanboys saying b is better than a h and they cannot proove it. and every engine building book i saw says the same thing you can make every motor fast with $$$$ but its better to start with a bigger motor. more fuel and air=more power simple but if you think a b is more reliable get a b16 because the rod/piston ratio is perfect for reliabilty but it cant make power like a h22.

and to an above comment it does take alot to make a 200whp b18 if i compared it to a untouched h22 with 200whp stock. and for hondas i like oem motors because they are cheap. id rather invest in a nice turbo setup/fuel setup and kep dirty d if thats what i already had. can go over 400whp on stock d series but i wouldnt say its reliable

I found a b18b for sale the whole ls swap for 850 obo is the b18b good or what and it seems too good to be true?

you could do that it will have a lil more power and torque than you have now and later you can boost the fuck out of it there quite stout motors

do you have a 99-00 front bumper with a 96-98 front end?

Its a good starting point, yes. First thing to do with an LS is usually try to source a shorter geared tranny. You can always slap a different head on it down the road to make some gains.

i cant remember her name but shes my friend Alexs girl or x girl or whatev

yeah i do its a 97 dx and i have the 99-00 si bumper and fog lights

The whole swap is gone now cant find it but i see someone else has a 95 b16 motor vtec / Then a B18 Transmission but that would keep my engine light always on rite for the emissions and never pass?

It was a guy driving with a girl in it idk w/e. And yeah your car trunk/hatch would look better red but doesn’t look bad from the picture.

Buy my motor after its retuned next week … / thread