ZR-1 official HP 638!!!!!Also 604 TQ

Les Stanford Chevrolet Cadillac

http://www.chriswarrensales.com/

George Matick Chevrolet
http://www.corvetteblog.com/archives/cat-corvette-dealers.html

Interesting note that they said the some dealers are not getting any Z06

die.

LOL! I love when a Fast and Furious quote actually makes sense.

don’t ever insult me by comparing our store with the likes of Glen Campbell, its just plain rude.

in a way it is about how many Vette’s you sell but I doubt one dealership will ever see 54-58 ZR1’s no matter how many Vette’s they sell. There won’t be enough of them to give one store that many. One very big deciding point is the total number of vehicles you sell for GM. We sell anywhere from 3-4,000 chevy’s out of our Lnacaster store alone and we are ranked number 4 in the US so I guarantee you we will be getting 1 or 2 before almost anyone else does. Other than Paddock, Classic and Heard (3 dealers who rank ahead of us) of course.

You still planning on pulling one for MSRP?

Dave, I talked to the SM at stanford awhile back and was told they had for sure 5X of them coming.I know no one is really supposed to know who is getting what, but I bet if you’re that big with the Flagship car it might get you some where.I know that Rick Conti seems to get all these private showing and stuff like that for vettes.They told me that they already have deposits for the ones they are getting but I was free to put a deposit of $5k down and if people on the list canceled,then the would go to the OTHER list and would be selling for “Market price” what ever that would be.I bet they will get 50 as they were getting z06’s like crazy in 06.I appreciated his honesty but passed.
And yes GC is the worst dealership in the World much less WNY and is an insult to Dave and his family to put the two in the same sentence.
And yes, there will be MANY dealerships not getting one,period.
RJ,
I met with the SM where I have my Deposit Thursday on another matter and even told him about the $225k deal and is he positive?His exact words were"without a doubt,it’s already done with the owner"I trust him 100% so that is what I have to go with.
But if it backfires Mr D Basil will have a another Customer as he seems like a great guy!!!

badassness :tup:

Cant blame a brother for trying. Good luck I hope you end up getting one Mistero, I’d love to see one around here, especially form another NYspeeder. Demand is Sky high for this car, particulary with the new CAFE standards looming. There a a lot of Vette fans in this country and we are beginning to see just how many of them have big pockets.

Vid. ZR1 at “The Ring”…

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=125496?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1

“That said, the folks at Chevrolet aren’t worried about the performance potential of their $100,000 halo car. According to ZR1 Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter, the ZR1 will beat the track record for production cars at any road course in the world.”
Wow that is a pretty ballsy claim.Can’t wait to see the official results If they can get a sunny day.Also I thought they do it when the car is actually moving, not from a start?

Official times are done with a standing start. Only Nissan seems to derive their #s form a running start.

that why the gtr is so quick? I’ve heard porsche does it often as well

ZR1 News:

* Official HP Rating - SAE 638 BHP
* Official Torque Rating - SAE 604 TQ @ 3800 RPM
* 12mm stainless steel head bolts
* 7.5 lb savings via carbon fiber roof panels over the Z06
* Brembo ceramic brakes - 15.5" front rotors, 15" rear Rotors, 148 sq inch pad contact area
  • Engine governed to 210 mph, GM showed video of 205 mph pass at Papenburg, Germany, Patrick Herman was the test driver, car was extremely stable
    • Price to be announced soon by GM Corporate
    • No 1/4 mile times or Trap speed until car is in production
    • Front splitter is carbon fiber and larger than the Z06 splitter, designed to provide down force.
    • Hood window is specially coated plastic that will not fade, yellow, etc.
  • Price of ZR1 will include a high performance driving school with Spring Mountain, Skip Barber, or Bob Bondurant. This is not mandatory, but recommended by GM.
    ***** Just over 300 dealers will be allowed to purchase the ZR1*****
    • 3ZR package, includes power sport seats, both driver and passenger
    • Curb weight (full gas tank and all fluids) 3324 lbs
    • Dry weight 3155 lbs
    • 5.2 lbs per HP ratio (3324 lbs/638 HP)
    • Speedometer will read up to 220 mph
    • HUD will have a boost gauge when in track mode
      Governed to 210mph?:rolljerk: lol Probably never go over 150 with it

I think i read somewhere that this motor makes like 400ft/lbs at idle. That’s just ill.

0-65 in first gear as well!!! That should be good for some times
D

604 tq :lol:

31xxlbs though what’s that like mid 10s stock?

About 4,000 Chevrolet dealerships in the US and only 300 will sell the ZR-1?
D I wonder if your dealer is on that list.

Looks like they still have some work to do at the Nürburgring, because the Nissan GT-R has already run a lap of 7:38.

:stuck_out_tongue:

from a rolling start :slight_smile:

there’s no doubt in my mind that the ZR1 will do LOW 7:30s at the ring…but for the time being, the GTR has a faster lap…

given the choice between the 2 though i really don’t know which i’d prefer…i like 'em both a lot…