Gun Laws 01/14/2013

I don’t think it would. It would only show people what happens to real communists. I would pay for the guys defense attorney.

Guy would probably be called a terrorist and sent to cuba lol. If anyone does it, I hope they do it with a bolt action and I hope it only takes one shot. That’s all I can say.

hahahaha seriously.

Crazy part is, they did one of those Siena poll surveys (which may or may not be accurate) and it showed he isn’t losing any of his popularity, in fact he is slightly gaining some.

We’re fucked as a whole, we are completely outnumbered by the morons of this state and country and it’s sad to say he really could end up our next President.

/America.

flintlock would be better :rofl

as in the school?

if so. Yeah becasue a bunch of ignorant college kids that most of which probably live at home and havnt contributed to society yet should really know whats up.

If not the school, I still stand by my opinion that youngsters are wack. :rofl

It’s the school who operated the poll. Who knows what their survey sample consists of though.

It said on sienna’s press release the poll was only conducted down state.

Ding ding ding! There’s the answer then. Conduct that survey with a sample taken from people in rural NY and see what the results look like.

again, fuck college kids. Servey people that A: have a fucking family, B: a home full of thousands in belongings and said family and C: people who pay taxes other than just income tax!

Sorry but in no way, should a population of young adults probably still living under mom and dads wings, havnt held a carreer for a long time yet, and basically are STARTTING OUT in the real world be contributing to the say in an arguement that effects people OUTSIDE their realm.

I am going to conduct a Rat Rod survey to gauge the intrest in taking CRC to the point of only building rat rods. I think ill start at the retirement home down the street.

what a fucking joke

i just found the survey. I didnt know it was more than just young students. But still:

Just looking at the age brackets and the questions, my opinion is supported:

More or less violent in the last 10 years older you get the more people see it got more violent, younger people dont see it.

Daily activities younger feel more safe, older feel less.

Younger people pay less attention to recent events than older.

Young people want to be guarded by armed and trained teachers and armed guards, older people say stop being pussys and are opposed.

18-34 is waaaayyyyy to wide a spread too. NO WAY do i think the same way I do now (6 mos’ away from 30) vs the way I did back when i was 18. make it 18-24 and 24-34… that would be interesting!

ALSO. LOL unanimously they all blame video games on being most responsible for this shit. Where is the option for lack of responsibility and morals to vote on?

Hey I never said it was accurate! LOL

Fact is we are outnumbered though. And if you don’t think so let me remind you that Obama was re-elected which is just going to lead to Cuomo winning if he ends up running. Do I like it? ABSOFUCKINGLETULEY not but the sad part is our generation really doesn’t get enough voting support “yet” to make the difference we want.

i dont need guns with friends like usmc2801

No idea where you got that from. The breakdown in percentages is 38/24/38 for upstate/suburbs/NYC. Look at question 27, asking if they support enacting the toughest gun laws in the nation, including limiting magazines to 7 bullets. Support upstate is 60%, support from Republicans is 58% and conservatives 58% as well. You guys are what we call a vocal minority, because while you may get some good sound bites and make a good showing at a rally, the general public disagrees with you.

And yes, Siena polls are generally pretty accurate. I’ve used them a number of times on various issues.

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/home/sri/SNY0113%20Crosstabs.pdf

Tougher ASSAULT weapon regulation huh…why not just say " do you support better baby killer guns, used to kill innocent babies including lowering their magazine capacity to 7?" As soon as someone says assault rifle in an official forum, they are officially a boob.

Because asking 676 people their opinion is enough…

The poll doesn’t state where or how many people are located where. If they said “20 people of the total were upstate” I wouldn’t be surprised. Also, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse are all considered upstate, but are highly liberal.

It doesn’t say “20 people of the total were upstate”, it says 256 of the 676 were upstate. And out of those four upstate “liberal” cities, only Albany is represented by a Democratic Senator.

Yet they all have democratic mayors.

Grisanti’s district (60) barely covers any part of the city of Buffalo, including the center of the city (according to the NYS Senate site). Tim Kennedy’s district (63) covers most of Buffalo, and he’s a D.

DeFranciso’s district (50) covers all areas around Syracuse (http://www.nysenate.gov/district/50), but Valesky’s district (53) covers Syracuse, and he’s a D.

Robach’s district (56) does indeed cover a good bit of Rochester, but he really splits it with O’ Brien (55, and a D).

What’d you do, just click on the first link that popped up on Google for the name of the city, followed by “senator”?

Let’s take a look at the assembly, shall we?

Albany has districts 108 and 109, both are D.

Buffalo has districts 140, 141, 142, and 149. All are D except for 142, in which case a guy was running against himself on both the R and D tickets, and won as both lol.

Rochester has districts 136, 137, and 138. All are D.

Syracuse has districts 128 and 129. Both are D.

You were saying?

If you’ll notice I said “Democratic Senators” and made no mention of the Assembly, which is dominated by D’s 107-43. And as a point of reference, Grisanti was elected in 2010 by the city of Buffalo before they changed his district with Kennedy’s during reapportionment and Valesky, while he is a Dem, is a member of the Majority Coalition which runs the Senate along with the Republicans. Also, mayors have zero influence on state legislation.

Try Google again.

Mayors do have something to do with it when cities such as Rochester have a 5rd limit on mag capacity (no pre-bans allowed either), and when other city laws come up.
Assembly has just as much of a job representing its people as senators too, that is why they must be included when considering a city “liberal”.