01 Civic lowering question.

i just bought this 01 Em2 and i was wondering what the best coilover set would be for the car. i found omni-power coilovers and i was interested in them, but at the same time i was told you get a better ride out of a shock and spring setup (such as a koni yellow and the eibach pro kit). i have no idea what to pick. any suggestions would be helpful. also would i need a front and rear camber kit with either of those options? http://i43.tinypic.com/2ly4bhh.jpg

What do you want to do with the car? That’ll heavily influence suspension choices, as well as how much the budget is for what you want to do. Don’t worry about brands just yet.

coilovers so you can adjust them according to seasons… but if you want to go cheaper, i have had Tein, Neuspeed, and kyb on all the civics I have had

i just want it to be a sick daily, but i want it lowered because i used to own a 1990 240sx that was lowered with tein basics and i loved it.

Sick :doh:

Well, picking suspension based solely off of lowering ability leave me no suggestions. It has everything to do with making that do what you want in terms of handling characteristics. In terms of real usability and construction I will say that no-name brands are junk (obviously) and companies like Tein’s lower end stuff, Ksport, OmniPower, D2 etc…are utter crap. It’s been discussed heavily and according to shock dyno data the actual usable adjustability on those types of shocks, leave much to be desired. A good Koni/GC combo (provided the spring rates aren’t too crazy) will make a very competent street car, and be aggressive enough to handle whatever you want out of them.

Frankly, if all you want is low…a decent shock and a progressive rate spring will do just fine. It doesn’t sound like you’ll be doing anything that would require a more serious setup.

yes you said it perfect. i want a competent street car.

sounds like a ricer who could give a rats ass about handling.

Just take a sawzall to the stock springs for a DIY lowering kit, that would make it a “sick” daily.

hey hey i used to own a dsm, you gotta do what you gotta do. but no i wouldnt do that to the civ. it definately dont look like rice cus i dont have jdm headlights or underglo. (hell with that)

atleast u bought a honda this time

slam it on Function and Form type II’s

^^also junk

BREAKING NEWS - ITS A CIVIC, IT WILL NEVER BE SICK. MORE ON THIS AT 11.

I KNEW i should have pulled out of your mother that night. FUCK YOU JACK DANIELS!

i got a set of eibach springs if your interested they got like 4500 miles on them there the pro kit…

[QUOTE=Darkstar;758438]BREAKING NEWS - ITS A CIVIC, IT WILL NEVER BE SICK. MORE ON THIS AT 11.

your right, cause corvettes are the sickest cars ever