08 ninja 6r vs. 08 gsxr600??

ok so i was hoping to get some opinions…i have an 08gsxr600 with 4000 miles on it and the standard upgrades…1 down front sprocket,windscreen, exhaust, and fender kit. It needs new tires, and i recently came across a sweet offer to trade it in as is plus 1k for a left over brand new 08 ninja 6r. I started riding on the ninja 250 but thats my only experience with kawi’s
Just though i would try and get some of your opinions on 1.) which bike do you like better period and why and 2.) Do you think the change out for 1k is worth it considering i wouldnt have to buy new tires but would have to do all the upgrades on the kawi?
so let me know what you guys think, thanks

you’ll have to ride the 6r, they’re 2 totally different feeling bikes. you’ll miss the gear indicator as well. I wouldn’t personally go for the 6r vs your bike, but I do like kawi better than suzuki in looks and ride. who’s offering this deal?

hmm, i’m partial to kawis for the obvious reasons, but it sounds like you got yourself a nice bike there already

I would be getting the deal through freewheeling…I mean you kawi riders…have u ever riden the gsxr’s? i know the bikes would have totally different feels but are there an specific things you notice differet/better with the kawi’s? shifting? cornering? throttle control? acceleration/power bands? low end vs. high end in the revs? or just general impressions??

Dot.

I love everything about my 636 and my zx10r. Its smoother, I think it handles better (im certain thats only because I’m comfortable on it), power is about the same, shifting on my gsxr was notchier than on my 636, but my zx-10 clunks a bit compared to your 600 iirc, looks appeal differently on a personal preference, other than that, why go from an 08 to another 08… put some more miles on your gsxr, run some trackdays, ride the bike more than 4k miles and then think about upgrading later.

Thats my opinion.

Btw, throttle control is up to the riders lol.

i took an 08 gsxr600 out after my 600rr, i liked it, but i would’ve taken an 08 zx6r over it in a heart beat

ended up not wanted a payment on either so i bought another used one lol

My only thought was that I have a decent feel for the gsxr so i figured i was paying 1k to get a new bike that didnt already have 4k on it and i could check out a kawi and see what i like about it compared to the gsxr - what i meant about the throttle control, which i dont know how to explain is how some bikes have that little delay from throttlin in and out that makes the acceleration kinda choppy u know what im trying to explain? lol like that little jerk you get sometimes; i have noticed on other bikes its worse or smoother…

i havent had a chance to get a ticket on your bike yet! keep it. period.

that can be adjusted with throttle cables… fyi.

4k miles is nothing, put another 4k miles on it this year and sell it next year if you want. get a leftover 09 (which might be even cooler! )

i guess the only reason i was kinda all about the 08 kawi was that i love the undertail exhaust…the 09’s dont have it, i think bikes look soooo much better with the undertail’s it cleans up the side so much nicer in my opinion

i have 10k on my bike, keep up with maintenance and you’re fine.

^ you do your valves yet?

after christmas :slight_smile: along with brakes and a new front tire

word.

i believe i have almost 12k on my gsxr before i put it up for the winter… My gsxr has been good to me… its a totally different ride… i went from kawi to yamaha to suzuki. I must admit… i love the gear indicator.

The 08 6r has a gear indicator

http://i37.tinypic.com/ifu6uc.jpg

^word. they rule.

Haven’t been on an 08 6r so I don’t have anything to say about it, but I was VERY impressed with the 08 gsx-r I took out this summer.

im jealous just looking at this thread. i want a 6r soo bad since i ride a kawi 650r ( beginner) but since you already have a nice bike, keep it, spend the money on something else.

all this bike talk is making me teary eyed, can we all go to pizza hutt or something together?