'09 S14 Drift Car Build

No…the pink would be horrid…and is not needed.

Marco rolling on goofy wheels?
Fred on goofy wheels?
Haig on goofy wheels?

Crazy colour schemes and “trying” to be different was drifting 5 years ago.

^^ I’m not sure if you remember, but we’re in Canada.

We’re behind 15 years in drifting, so 5yrs is nothing :slight_smile:

Samson is right on the ball like a chick doing Yoga.

Ok so I have an update… and I may have gone a little crazy… :dunno:

and now for a little behind the scenes action :wink:

I will have more updates soon :smiley:

I havn’t seen to many blue kouki’s before. Actually I’m not sure if ever seen one…

do it.

Damn thats nice!!

Hows the new front end going to hold up if you slam her in to a wall or something…just in comparison from the stock setup…is this any stronger??

This is much strong and much lighter. I may add another tube to help take the impact off the wheels in the event of a collision but thats it. Obviously cosmetically the car would get fuckt but structuarly it is much more ridgid.

Isn’t that bad in terms of impact upon the driver?

Don’t you want a car to crush more to absorb the energy of the impact so it doesn’t hurt the driver?

I know this is in no comparsion but F1 drivers and etc have many crush points on their chassis and car so that if they do collide the car just flys apart. By strengthening it the driver will now feel more of the impact and could be hurt more.

Am I right or completely wrong?

im feeling the white. i shall paint my s14 white aswell for 2009. HOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO its overrrrrrrrrrr

^^ Samson you’re completely right, Crumple zones are extremely important. I trust that Ronnie knows what he is doing though. I know some of the tubes have different wall thicknesses than others as he designed some of them to bend and some of them not to. Ronnie has been building cages and tube chassis for many years so I trust he knows what he is doing.

I know part of the design incorperated the idea that the car could be fixed easier and quicker than having a mess of OEM sheet metal bent all over the place.

this looks amazing

good job man!!!

^ Thank you

Seems like Son is really stepping it up with some bad-ass builds lately, good stuff.

I agree with samson too, It’d be interesting to know hows hes going to deal/dealt with that, maybe a slight bend/kink in the “downbars” coming from the towers to collapse on impact? let us know if you get some info.

Looks like top notch fab work, front end lines seem to line up nicely, not easy to do. Cage looks very well built too. Keep up the updates.

Looks really well done! I applaud your effort to do things right the first time!

good god its so spik an span

Looks good Briggs keep the updates coming!

Adrian