10/29 UPDATE: So I went to the gym...

were you lifting heavy during the day or right before it happened?

when i was going to the canisius college gym a few years back… a few of us decided to push our limits on the leg press machine. badazz was rockin out sets of over 600, i was hittin close to 525… (normally i would do about ~300) then after i finished the set and almost fell off the machine, we moved onto shoulders… i tried one set of shoulder press, but got this shooting pain thru my head. i immediately stopped, and went and laid down in the locker room… but i was woozy, felt like i was gonna pass out, a ton of nausea, and the pain was horrible. anytime i tried to go to the gym and lift ANY weight for the next 3-4 months i couldn’t do it - the pain would come right back.

after awhile, i started going back, but starting over really light… now i’ve worked back up and not had any pains or the other issues… never went to the doctor to see what it was (mistake)… but that shit is definitely scary… let us know if you find out anything about what it was or could have been.

Grand Maul ? seizure? Sorry about the spelling, my sister is a Diabetic and she has them way too often. She crashed her car 2ce, they took her license. ( along with one leg, most toes on her other foot, etc, etc.)
You may have passed out due to diet, being dehydrated, lack of sheep, I mean SLEEP, (lol) stress. If it happens again they will keep you & do tons of testing so you better study…:meh2:

i had went to the doctor this morning. i have to go for some more tests, i cant work out or do anything strenuous for 4 weeks and after that time i find out if i cant drive for either 6 or 12 months. as long as i do well on that test where you run on a treadmill and they monitor your heart activity and that 24hr monitor thing i should be good. good news for you if i lose my license my car goes CHEAP so i can buy more video games asap.

^^ Time to buy BATTLEFIELD!!

that happened to my gf about 3 times in her life…they can’t figure out anything that triggers it. They happened once when she was swimming, luckily she just got out of the pool, when she was about 12 ish. It then happened again when she was at the gym, but before she even started doing anything, she was about to get onto a bike and had one, she was 16ish. Then the last time was when we were making pancakes about a year and a half ago, luckily I caught her before she hit her head on the counter or anything…its scary shit…I’ve never seen it b4 it happened to her…it kinda freaked me out. Get better!

sorry to hear, it’s definately scary watching it happened to someone. I’ve seen two people I know go into a seizure, the one lady was just standing there talking and the next she collapsed/started frothing and twitching. The other one was a good friend of mine we were DT I went to the bathroom come back some huge guy was on top of him punching him in the face(turned out he offered to buy a girl a drink that ended up being this guys gf go figure) right as I was running towards him the guy took my buddies head picked it up and slammed it into the sidewalk and that’s when it started. more to the story after but I don’t feel like typing. It’s definately a scary thing if you don’t know whats happening.

anyone know what actually causes them, is it hereditary or???
all the paramedics told us was if we see it happen again make sure the persons airway remains open and that’s all we can really do.

i think i know! pm me kyle!

Thats definately scary. I hope everything works out for you and good luck with your tests.

ill buy it. sorry man.

Hope you are ok, thats is why my girlfriend didn’t go to the Letchworth picnic, she had one in the bathroom, and hit her head on the tub :frowning:

She has epilepsy, hopefully yours was just a one time thing. Its a terrible thing to have.

–mark

been going through a crazy amount of tests.
i was pretty much dehyrdated after a night of drinking…half asleep decided to go to the gym the next morning not really having any food or water…over exerted myself at gym…showed absolutely no signs of having a seizure when i actually passed out

HOWEVER

FALSE
NYS law - you pass out…doesnt matter wtf caused it…if NYS knows about it (i went to the hospital…so yea they know) you have your license taken away for 6 months. i hate it. im not happy.

:frowning:

major bummer, man.

I’ll drive you around.

As I said to kyle, I don’t get it. I know plenty of girls who have passed out and gone to the hospital. They never got their licenses taken away.

bleh bummer kyle, ken told me about this on friday :frowning:

u need to go to the gym with big papa pump!

i dont wanna hear him grunt and get all veiny and sweatyand do burnouts everyday…plus i cant drive there

Not driving sucks but its better than ending up dead because you had a seizure behind the wheel.

http://www.rspeed.org/forums/images/smilies/checkit.gif

take it very cautiously. friend of mine was hit by a car like 4 years ago in italy. serious head trauma. recovered fine though, 100%.

2 years after his full recovery, back in buffal. finished up at UB, was teaching a bit at buff state. he was driving down main st and had a seizure. stiffened up, pedal to the floor, hit a concrete barrier and died.
(this was last march, white convertible e30 w/bbs rk’s if anyone on here knew him)

he had no previous signs of seizure. i know it sucks, but there’s definitely a reason for it, as im sure you know.

good luck w/everything

:frowning:

no - you arent listening - i didnt have a seizure.