11 to 17 Digit Vin

Anyone got the number of the dude that does this or even what the branch of government is? MTO couldnt help me.

I cant find a single insurance company that will touch a 11 Digit Vin so im forced to do this.

Thanks
Kyle

its done through the ibc and opp

call the ibc office in toronto
iirc i spoke with a shiela, but this was about 1-2 years ago.

ive had this done twice now. but have since found a company who will do jdm vins

cost is $500 plus taxes. takes about 1 month (or at least thats what mine took, but i live two hours south of the gta and the agent they send out to inspect the car had to wait for other jobs in the area to pop up). he is the only agent and is a retired 20 year opp ivestigator who likes british sports car (good for conversation)

call nordiq tho (youll need a broker who deals with them), they do 19a policies (appraisal based) for short vins. was easy a pie.

sorry i never got back to you on phillip youngs insurance brokers. they also do short vins but require an appraisal. i have misplaced the number but im sure you can find it via 411.

All companies have 19a policies, it’s just whether they want to underwrite the risk or not.

what raf said

phillip youngs and nordiq will do it more most anyone
i know cuz my record isnt clean

Try Ecomonical Mutual. A buddy of mine just insured a RX-7 FD that landed from Japan without any problems. This might be an individual case but they didn’t even do an appraisal or ask for photographs.

They were cool with the chassis number