11s or Bust -- Stippy17's 00' TA

Not sure what springs are in the heads, but you may be floating the valves alittle. Power starts to drop off pretty fast after 6200 on your setup stippy. May be time for a valve spring swap as i’m not sure how long that car has been driven with those springs in those heads. I would have expected that cam to hold on alittle longer with heads/higher compression.

Do you have a cardomain where I can see your whole setup? Id love to see those kind of trap speeds…

202 Dual Valve Springs…so you tell me if Im floating the valves haha. As for how long its been driven youd have to ask Laura, but I believe the head swap was done some time last year? As for compression Im curious as to what Im sitting at…you have any kind of guess?

Shitty cam? I haven’t seen impressive numbers from That cam in no setup

i say keep pluggin away at it. you def have an obtainable goal.

with a 58cc head your compression should be around 11.1-11.2

The cam in it now was in there when the motor had LS6 Heads. I know these Patriots would like a cam with a lift more towards .650 to run better. Just not ready to do a cam swap yet…

I agree. The way I see it its a game to hit the 11s. If I just jumped in the driver’s seat and it ran 11s when I bought it there would be no fun.

Im still learning about these LSx motors…that about average?

No cardomain, never got into that crap. If you are not too far, feel free to stop by though and you can look at the car in person. I’m about 20 mins from Beaver.

Gear oil is in the rearend. Hopefully doing the spark plugs after work today. :slight_smile:

Your about 2 hours away. Maybe one day Ill come up for the trip to see it.

I’ve been meaning to catch you guys on a meet but work and family don’t leave me much free time. If you want more details, shoot me a PM.

Heads are 59cc, intake valve is a 2.055 heads are 6 years old, were on my car for 4. Last time at the track with those heads my car went 11.50 @ 120+ WS6 m6 3780 race weight da 1500 range. They sat in my garage until Laura bought them. Car was never tuned with those heads, new tranny and new converter and what ever else was done, I do not think Laura drove it much after that. 60 hp from the tune not seeing it as your et/mph do not reflect that. tuned pre heads new tranny and converter the car went 12.18 with more MPH. Cam is wrong for those heads, and I would take a hard look at that tranny/converter(tranny parameters). Dyno numbers are one thing but track numbers do not lie. Good luck with your chase to the 11’s

Will do, thanks.

Thanks for the extra history, and specs. I really appreciate it.

No it wasnt driven much after all of that was done. The tranny/conveter had around 3k on it when I bought the car, they have around 5k now. I know the cam is wrong for those heads, I even knew that before I bought the car from doing research on the internet. I plan to swap it out eventually for something closer to .650 lift. What cam were you running when you went 11.5 @120? Not understanding what you mean by tranny parameters haha…please explain.

http://www.pittspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7251

All 8 are now replaced. :slight_smile:

That cam is perfect for those heads… any heads at that. In fact, I think it would be a great idea to put that cam in every ls based vehicle out there, with any combination. Any kind of trans am, camaro, gto, trailblazer, corvette, g8, etc. Should haave that cam

do suspension work ! i didnt have that much HP but i had a good amount of suspension work and i ran into the 11’s
with a 114 trap speed. Umi is a good company i knew the owner when i lived in state college,PA they actually bought my old wolf roll cage before i ended up selling the car. They basically take the design from spohn and remake 1 piece and sell them at a slight discount.

But seriously the battery relocation helped as well as that torque arm ALOT !

Seriously who would do That come on now we all know there can only be one came and one tune for every car

I’m not sure what exactly those heads will want, but a bit more lift would be nice. A cam I’m looking at for a DD with some nuts is the COMP LSR series, with the LSL lobes. 227/235 with .614/.621 lift I think. Its on a 113 lsa but I’m considering a touch tighter at 111-112 if it still clears the pistons. Its a better lobe than the XFI or XE-R lobes, abit less harsh onthe valve springs with its off the seat numbers but ramps up pretty quick afterwards. Not sure how big you wanted to go, but there are some decent high lift medium low duration cams making well over 400whp and very very driveable. EPS baby cam made 430whp on a stock headed LS6. Its low 220’s duration on a wider LSA, but the lobes make power.

Dont forget u also had a nice size stall that helped out alot and like silver said relocated ur battery.

Lunati grind 231/237 598/595 on a 112 it think it is a +2 can’t remember for sure I still have it I can look if it matters. Lobes were much softer then an xer. I am meaning tranny settings in tune something does not sound right by your posts.

So how did the car run at the track on thursday?

Ran a best of 12.16 @ 112 I think with 12psi in the tires. When we got there it was 91 degrees and humid, so the attitude that night was to just have fun and try different rpm launches and manually shifting.