180 LSD

Did all 180s come with Limited Slip Diffs? How can I tell if my parts car has it before i rip it out?

now is it a 180 body style or a 180 jdm? It is my understanding all canadian production registered 240 hatches (180 body) were LSD.

Yeah something along those lines, the canadian cars were lsd, 180’s were lsd. I think the difference is the diff cover has cooling fins on it if it is an lsd, but I might be mistaken.

My parts car is a 180SX JDM. Thanks fort the info.

No you fail

do some researching

please enlighten me then o wise one…

89-90 = 1 tire fireee

91+ had lsd

Thats how you tell from just looking at it if the diff cover has fins it has a vlsd…

My parts car has the fins so im laughing. How hard is it to swap scale of 1 to 10. 10 being holy SHIT I wish I was a mechanic.

depends on your experience with mechanical shit.
bout a 2/10

If you have the ability to take out about 22 bolts and remember where they all go after then you can do it. Super easy job though, easily 2/10 or even 1/10.

hicas hb came with the vlsd…

what you can do to check is lift both rear tires off the ground and spin them … if they spin in the same direction , you have lsd . if you spin one wheel and the other goes in the opposite direction , you have open diff .

and im pretty sure all JDM s13’s came with vlsd .

240sx however ( please correct me if im wrong ) has open diff except for the Super Hicas version which came in 1993 .

Nope. My 240sx doesn’t have hicas, but it has a vlsd. So this is not true. Also I’m pretty sure hicas was on 240s before 93. But that test you suggested is right.