1988 supra-worth it or not??

i seen a 1988 supra in the pennysaver for $750, the guy said it runs, it needs some work. before i even go look at it, are they worth it from that year? i know the later ones are the popular ones, and the power make is sick. are the older ones the same way? i know nothing about supras, so any help would be greatly helpful…

if its going to be $750 its not going to anything decent i bet

stay away from it.

cool. thanks for the advice. i just seen a supra for the price, and thought maybe. i won’t buy it.

eh, dude you would really have to see the car… I meen theres so many options for that year…

targa?
turbo?
stick?

I meen its so hard to say. I am not really a big fan of that motor its the 7mge or 7mgte the turbo motor but there notorious for blowing up headgaskets… but after you replace it with a steal headgasket and not a oem replacement it will run for ever there good motors as far as reliability and power goes… I would say go for itdepending on how the car is overall.

the guy said it somes work, and im sure it would, its only $750, so its not a show car. but i wanted to know about the motor, etc. and you answered that for me. i will call and ask him more deteilas know that i know what to ask about.

does those have the 1jz in it? im toyota illiterate when it comes to toyota motors for the most part

No the 1jz was only offered in the 89+ cars in japan. But people do the swaps, and they are a direct drop in.

no 1jz motor were every released in america only 2jz 3.0 na and 3.0 turbo in the supras…

how can you not know about toyota motors… jz motors/3sgte = perfection!

hardly

They are no blown big block, but still capable of 8 second passes on a street car…

2 jz me likey…

:smiley:

jut busting dan’s celica balls

i know the 2zj and the 1zj and the 3sgte, i just dont know what motor were options other than the 2jz in the mkiv. and the 3sgte in the older celicas

3sgte only came in alltracs/mr2s. MKIV only got 2jzge and 2jzgte.

yeah the alltrac thats what i meant which is still a celica

Its an ALLTRAC!