1990 240sx knocking help!

OK so long story. Last Wednesday after eating dinner with my friends i come out to start my 240. It cranks but it wouldnt turn on. We pretty much stood around for 10 min trying to figure out what was wrong. I kept trying to start it and i also pushed on the gas to get the revs up. Didnt work, it seemed like no gas was getting to the engine. Same results. So luckily a mechanic walked by and checked it out for me, he told me it was the fuel pump. He took my snow scraper and started knocking on the bottom of my car. Apparently this will hit the gas up and be able to start the car. It started for a little bit and then it stopped. He told me the fuel pump is gone time to get a new one. So i towed it home and the AMA tow guy told me it could be my fuel filter. But it couldnt be cause my dad helped me change it 6 months ago. So me and my dad took it out to have a look. The fuel filter wasnt clogged… So we decided yea must be fuel pump. So today, ‘Saturday’, I decided to try to start up my car. And AMAZINGLY it started! I was like YES! BUT! there was a strange knocking/ticking sound at the front of my engine. It was clicking non-stop. I was like wtf? So i let the car warm up a bit, but the ticking didnt go away… I took my 240 out around the block and the whole time it was ticking as well. I opened my hood and everything seems to be running fine… but that ticking noise. It sounded like it was come from my spark plugs but im not sure. Could this be related to the fuel pump issue? Because I havent changed the fuel pump yet…
SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME!

Use a hose or a dowel and move it around the head to see where the ticking is coming from… check around your exhaust manifold gasket. If its leaking it will tick and never go away. Another way to check for exhaust leaks is use a smoke agent in your intake and see if any smoke comes out of your engine bay. If it does, you have an exhaust leak. (I am assuming the ticking gets faster with RPM).

Sounds like a timing chain to me.

Thx for the advice guys. But right now im too pissed off to do anything. Some idiot hit my car parked right in front of my house. It was a hit and run obviously but i must give my compliments on how stupid a driver can be when a car is parked and they’re still able to hit it when they have the whole road to drive. Cheers to fucken idiots.

Will your insurance cover it? That always sucks when people don’t leave their info… but don’t worry it will catch up with them naturally soon.

Thx but no isurance wont cover. I only purchased liability. Im only a student and i barely had enough money eft over after the car to pay for insurance. :frowning:

Frick that sucks. How bad is the damage and where did he hit?

They hit the driver side rear bumper. Right on the corner. Pushed in my bumper and cracked my tail light. Minor body damage. But replaceable/fixable bumper. But still it isnt the point :frowning: I WANT JUSTICE! I hope this persons gonna get whats coming to them. Anyways back to that knocking sound. For sum reason i can start my car now but the knocking sound is still there. After letting it warm up again for like 15 minutes the knocking sound still didnt go away. I shut that car off and turned it on again and for sum reason the knocking sound dissapeared… :? well im gonna get the new fuel pump in 2mrw and see if thats the cause but DAMN i gotta get that body damage fixed! The car looked in such a good condition before until this happened…

Well i fixed it yea it was the fuel pump put in a new one good to sell now :partyman:

agreed. i had the same problem… but the replacement kit came in the mail like a day after the chain went…
fucked one of the cams right up, valves bent, it was sick. needed a new block basically

so i’d get it checked out if i was you. the sooner the better