1UZFE HELP (LEXUS V-8)

in need of some one with some experience with 1uzfe’s or old ls400’s in particular. im having issues with mine and could really use some one to bounce ideas off of. the car suddenly wont start, i wasnt having any issues prior to this. the only thing that happened was the cars alarm went off twice over night, and now the car wont start. the only thing that i can think of is that the car put it self in some kind of anti theft mode. the car has also locked me out of the trunk completley. i already checked the battery and it fine. the starter isnt even spinning thats why i think it might be an anti theft thing.

what year ???

did you try unlocking the car from the doors … then trying to start it ??

1991 ls 400 to be exact and thats how i got the alarm to go off but ill actually try locking then unlocking it

Nice engine…

yeah great when it was running

i would check the fuse/relay the alarm is associated with

ummmm… so i went home it and it started right up. im happy it started, but im still interested in finding out why it did what it did

It sounds to me like a security system function for sure.

Why did the alarm go off in the first place? Was it hit from the outside or was a motion sensor triggered inside?

im not certain if someone tried breaking into it or what. i think it might just be on the fritz :confused:

Do you have the keyless entry? When you lock it, press the lock button twice. The 2nd lock press should disable the interior motion sensors if I remember correctly. So if those sensors are going crazy at least you can rule them out.

is it because we cut the mufflers off with a sawzall and you slide it on the way to work?

this fucking guy! ^ now he might be on to something lol

I like where this thread is headed… no mufflers? sliding? Burnouts? Awesome.

I assume it has keyless entry/remote with that alarm setup? Sounds like the transponder might be dead.

Really useful response! Way to bump up that post count!

Heaters ???

Heaters ???

many heaters and i think your right mpd im gonna try and siable the whole alarm system. i dont use it so it serves no purpose, and it keeps fucking up.