88conquest wont start?

OK this started the other night at mighty. Car was idling and shut itself off, I walked over and started it right back up, no problem. Then the other day I fixed the exhaust, polished the rim, took of the towing pkg. Started the car up and went to the gas station and it stalled as I pulled in. I put $15 of gas in and wont start back up. It has 1/4 tank, i put dry gas stuff in it thinking i may have got water in the tank. That did nothing so i bought a blaster2 coil, that also did nothing. I replaced the plugs last week so they are new, I dissasembled the cap/rotor they are in great shape as well as the plug wires. And the throttle body is getting fuel, so I am lost to what the problem is. Only things i can think of would be maf/computer/or some fusable link. I also noticed the other day when it stalled if I pushed down on the idle air controller it wouold start back up but last time I pushed on it the wires came out, so now its inoperable but that would just make it idle funny right, it should still start? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

you replaced all that ignition stuff, but did you ever check for spark?

why do people buy parts before diagnosing a problem?

I cant I’m the only one workin on it lol

yeah check for fuel and spark, always a good Idea to start there

well i’d fix the iac first consdiering you said it affected the situation.

:wiggle:

Should have called me

i have been trying to get ahold of your ass wtfhaveyoubeenLZ?

and pat nobody has the sensor where can i get it?

:snky:

can’t just fix the wiring to the sensor?

no wiring came right out of the sensor and nobody carries/can get them

Grounds and connectors?

well skyway auto has 2 quests so im heading up there wed. and im gonna grab an 88-89 ecu, maf sensor and the isc hopefully one of them will cure it, fingers crossed

Yeah last time i was there last summer the ecus were gone.I checked.They had more then 2 the last time i was there.

My guess would be something with the primary injecter.I have spare ecus if you want to test.I probably have that sensor too.

no its def getting gas, the gaskests on the TB are starting to go and leak a tad, so im positive its getting fuel, but it would be much easier with 2 people lol

I am off the next two days if you need a hand you have my #.

well found out last night its not getting spark or opening the injectors so led to believe its ignition module, redconquestsi is bringing one over tonight to try that out…

UPDATE since Slopoke is living up to his username…:ham:

I gave my good friend Ernie from Indiana a call the other night, and asked him what he thought it would be. He suggested either Distributor Pickup Coil or Ignitor box. I thought about the Ignitor box as well, but they are VERY common to die, on the 84-87 cars. They redesigned the box for the 88/89 cars, and rarely hear of them failing, so I ruled it out. But since Ernie said it could be the problem, I gave him the ignitor box out of my 88 and he put it on his car. Car starts! Yay.:clap: