2 recent cycle crashes

most of the time the big pickup trucks i see yield the right of way much more frequently and most of the time they are being driven by middle aged men. its the suvs and minivans not to mention caddys with the older people driving them that i find give me the pucker moments more often then not

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:13,topic:31481"”]

I drive a car and have nearly been merged into 3 times this summer.

It has nothing to do with the bike being small and hard to see.

Lots of shatty drivers out there.

[/quote]

What the fuck are you smoking?
:banghead:

i do not check my blind spots when merging. i also do not hesitate to flick lit cigarettes out the window. sometimes i do blind merges while flicking cigarettes out the window. people who drive motorcycles are terrible people.

[quote=“Dex,post:23,topic:31481"”]

i do not check my blind spots when merging. i also do not hesitate to flick lit cigarettes out the window. sometimes i do blind merges while flicking cigarettes out the window. people who drive motorcycles are terrible people.

[/quote]

youre dead to me… lol

[/quote]

thats it…

im heading to best buy right now and kicking you in the nuts

[/quote]

wow… thats funny :clap:

[quote=“Willybeen,post:24,topic:31481"”]

youre dead to me… lol

[/quote]

[quote=“Shrives,post:25,topic:31481"”]

thats it…

im heading to best buy right now and kicking you in the nuts

[/quote]

bring it faggots.

EDIT: bring your bikes too so i can knock them over when i’m done with you two.

just cuz I’m pretty sure ur joking , I don’t know u but rest assured if I ever catch a cig in my face while riding and somebody says hey that was dex… u will be dead to me…

[quote=“Schema,post:9,topic:31481"”]

:banghead:

Remind me not to be driving down the street when you feel the need to make a left turn and blame it on me for not having infinite attention to cagers who are above the law

[/quote]

fucking A.

How is it the riders fault if some dumb bitch turns in front of him like the article said… and charges are pending against HER like the article said

[quote=“Dex,post:27,topic:31481"”]

bring it faggots.

EDIT: bring your bikes too so i can knock them over when i’m done with you two.

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

[quote=“Willybeen,post:28,topic:31481"”]

just cuz I’m pretty sure ur joking , I don’t know u but rest assured if I ever catch a cig in my face while riding and somebody says hey that was dex… u will be dead to me…

[/quote]

i actually love motorcycles and the people that ride them. i’m very careful about where i toss my cigarettes, empty beer bottles, heroin needles, mcdonalds trash, babies, etc out the window while driving. if there’s a bike anywhere near by, i wait until they pass me.

go me :clap:

[quote=“zx636guy,post:30,topic:31481"”]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

[/quote]

:clap:

Damn 4 wheeled vehicles should be outlawed. If just one life is saved…

fixed

it would controll the population better + we wouldent have a oil dependancy problem.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:17,topic:31481"”]

yet I see more assclowns on the 90 on bikes going 120 merging across 3 lanes then I ever see cars.

[/quote]

did you ever think that a bike may be doing that to get the hell away from idiot drivers and get themselves into a “safe zone”? :gotme:

edit: i didnt see the 120mph part. what i meant was the way people drive around here on the thruway is TERRIBLE. Sometimes i go across 3 lanes and speed up to 100+ to get away from the people that are possibly going to cause a potential hazard to me ie. going from 75 to 25 in the left lane on the 90 for no apparent reason.

wow, bike riders bitching about people not checking their blind spots.
try reading over your New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Motorcycle Manual. here, i will even quote parts of it for you…

“The chances of being involved and seriously injured in a traffic crash are greater riding a motorcycle than driving a car. The purpose of this manual is to educate the reader to help avoid crashes while safely operating a motorcycle.”

the “reader” is the rider in case you havent picked that up

“Riding at the far side of a lane may permit a driver to see you in a sideview mirror. But remember that most drivers do not look at their sideview mirrors nearly as often as they check the rearview mirror.”

this means “Stay out of blind spots”

"LANE POSITIONS

In some ways the size of the motorcycle can work to your advantage. Each traffic lane gives a motorcycle three paths of travel, as indicated in the illustration. Your lane position should:

* Increase your ability to see and be seen.
*<b> Avoid others' blind spots.</b>
* Avoid surface hazards.
* Protect your lane from other drivers.
* Communicate your intentions.
* Avoid wind blast from other vehicles.
*<b> Provide an escape route.</b>"

“Ride through the blind spot as quickly as possible.”

“Do not ride next to cars or trucks in other lanes if you do not have to. You might be in the blind spot of a car in the next lane, which could switch into your lane without warning.”

“Motorcycles have “blind spots” like cars. Before you change lanes, turn your head, and look to the side for other vehicles.”

so if you are riding in someones blind spot and get hit, it sucks, but you knew you shouldnt have been there.
if you were in a car you wouldnt drive in a tractor trailers blind spot.