2003 Ported Blower Cobra vs 2002 Heads/Cam Z28

Heat soak might have come into play as he got on it for a couple gears a couple minutes before our run. I’m thinking my car weighs around 200 lbs less than the Cobra, but that’s just a guess. The passenger weighs 180, so that’s almost 400 lbs different between the 2 cars.

He runs the stock upper pulley and a huge lower. I laughed the first time I saw it because it looks like he mounted a Weld wheel to the front of his crank, but it works really well, and he doesn’t get any belt slip. He does plan on spraying the car at some point.

Last year my car made 432/386 with the cutout open, 4.10’s and a spool. Now with the FAST intake, 3.73’s, and posi I’m really not sure what it makes. Some people gain 25 hp from the intake and some don’t gain a thing. Also, the posi should lose me some power, but the gears should gain me some, so who knows. The car does feel strong, but I haven’t driven it in 7 months, so that could be deceiving. I should be hitting the track later this month and hopefully the dyno next month, so I’ll keep you guys updated whatever the numbers.