2010 Nissan GTR Spec-V leaked..

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm68/JPCN/Nissan/Niss_R35_Spec-V_Sendai.jpg

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6365072/news/2010-nissan-gt-r-spec-v-specifications-leaked/index.html

http://jpcnews.blogspot.com/2008/12/r35-gt-r-spec-v-details-revealed.html

Nissan is expected to release the Spec-V version of the GTR for a staggering $180,000, this include carbon fibre rear bench/shelf, carbon fibre wing, carbon fibre grille, carbon fibre bumper spoiler and with the same power to the motor.
Than again this is just rumours, got to hear Nissan’s side of the story.

I’d take a r34 with mods instead. :slight_smile:

Did they fix that Launch Control BS yet?

Does it have a traditional 6-speed manual transmission?

Not everyone wants this car as a road-legal race car, they want something fun and sporty to drive, kind of like us, but with higher paying jobs…

Keyword: FUN. Automatic isn’t. I don’t care if it shifts super-fast, but it can’t be called a manual transmission (like many people say it is) if there’s only 2 pedals on the floor and a knob on the console that only goes up and down.

All new GT-Rs no longer have launch control, it’s been removed to avoid $20,000 transmission replacements. Which makes the first gen GTR’s even more valuable.

I’m sure it’s a simple software hack anyway. You’ll just void your warranty, which is not anything new.

I call BS though. There’s no way they’re releasing V-Spec* with the same power as the base GTR. Not if they expect to sell any, especially at that price.

For that you could buy a base GTR and mod it to beat the ever-loving piss out of that V-Spec and still have a pimp daily driver.

• (Spec-V is Sentras, people. Let’s not go degrading the Skryine like that.)

old.

This was leaked since the GT-R’s launch earlier this year.

I guess nobody really cared about it. lol

it’s a 370z with a body kit and awd

Agreed.

But the specs look pretty good…i’ll be interested to see exactly where Nissan goes with the Spec-V, a lot of people are counting on them.

This is older than my grandmother.

we saw your granny in the Mc hammer music video you made, …she looked pretty old. I even knew about the new GT-R V-spec:rolleyes:

They won’t be so valuable once their trannies keep breaking man with that feature lol…well of course if there’s other ways of not having it break.

I doubt the power rating will stay the same, I’ve heard from other sources some months ago it will be bumped up into the 500hp range and they have been testing and have already gotten really insane times on the Nurburgring …but we’ll have to see what Nissan officially says.:cool:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/08/nissan-gt-r-v-spec-lap-times-stun-observers/

I think car manufactures are getting a litte stupid with the testing on the Nurburgring. Sure its a great high speed track and pushes the cars potentian to the max but most people who buy these cars are getting them as a status symbol not because they go to the track every weekend.

*Rant over

^^ In this world, image/status means is everything… for most people.

It’s even better when you have something that is backed up by facts. (ie this car beating porches on the NUR). All in all, i couldn’t care less, it aint my money…

Nissan doesn’t care, these things are flying off the lots.

Hahaha indeed. To be honest though, the only problems that arise with the transmission seem to be very few. Likewise, the transmissions broke on the basis of people probably abusing the LC feature on the roads…red light…green…launch…rinse and repeat a couple dozen times without rest on a daily drive probably caused it. I don’t really think someone using LC once or twice a drive is really going to break the transmission, so I’m siding with Nissan with the broken transmissions on the basis of abuse from drivers, and expecting Nissan to foot the costs.

By your logic, what’s the point of 0-60 and quarter-mile times?

Apparently the failures are in the UK/Japan too…they don’t seem all that rare. And considering what the car is supposed to be, I personally am a little disappointed with how Nissan’s handled everything.

Even GM launched their new Cobalt SS Turbo & CTS-V over 600 times to ensure everything was solid. They knew how the cars would be driven.

I mean, it’s a freaking Skyline, let’s be honest. They should have had Tsuchiya in mind when deciding how strong it should be. :stuck_out_tongue:

If they’re gonna remove the launch control feature (which I believe they have now), then they should just stand up and cover the failures up that point.

My take on it, anyway.

i dont like it, they tryed to be a freaking lambo with a cross of cadalac and failed.

its like a realy expensive civc

its heavy, not enough power and way over complicated… bullshit.

i would still rather a r34 or r32.

my 2 cents.

dont get me wrong it is damn sexy tho.

the point is to sell cars or you are going to tell me you live your life a quarter mile at a time now

i remember reading somewhere a while back about the v-spec model supposedly having an extra 200HP over the base model.