2022 WNY-SCCA auto-x (Ralph Wilson Stadium) Schedule

My car will be a “Novice Taxi” at the next event, provided it’s dry out.

1 Like

Those sound like fun options.

My kids are 14 and 16. No worries there.

… But your kids might love it :ok_hand:

If my C300 did not have a stupid accelerator pedal delay “issue”, I would consider using it. Press pedal, wait .5 seconds, slowly accelerate.

Started up the cavalier yesterday. 1st time in 2 years but still runs.
I had to put air in the tires since its getting swallowed by my lawn.

That would make a terrible auto-x car. Back in 2001 and before modding it, I did an autox at ECC. Managed to take out 2 slalom cones. one with each door before straightening up and running through the finish.

Good times.

Most SUV’s are not allowed anyways. The vehicle can’t be taller than it is wide. There’s a formula they use that accounts for other variables as well. Basically it would tip over with sticky tires and a good driver.

1 Like

I’m still looking to attend the next Wilson stadium even. For a while at least.

Who would I talk to about getting the kids on a ride along?

The taxi thing seems pretty nice, but I also would not want to take away form the guys that would really benefit. Having an instructor with me at my event was great. Riding in their car would also have been helpful.

I wish I remembered who it was who rode along with me. It was that guy with the standard blue civic si on slicks back in 2001.

Believe it or not, sometimes I run my fastest lap with a passenger on board. There’s always extra cars heading up to grid with nobody in the passenger seat so your kids won’t be stealing a spot from a novice that could benefit from the ride. There’s always some novices that refuse to ride along or don’t want an instructor. When I was a novice I had a few instructors ride along with me. Some were great and gave me tips when I was done. Others were annoying as hell, and couldn’t keep their mouth shut the entire lap, lol.

1 Like

Oh man, this made me laugh thinking about when I first started auto crossing. My first time out I went with an instructor and he coached through the entire run, especially about where to brake, and of course as a novice I’m braking much earlier than I needed to. My 2nd run I had a different instructor and stupid me assumed he was going to do the same thing. We’re heading at that first gate and I’m just standing on it thinking, “I’ll get this late braking right this run”. We hit the second gate gate sideways at one hell of a velocity because that instructor’s method was to let you run your run and give tips at the end. His first tip? “You came in way too hot on that first gate”. :joy:

1 Like

The guy I had was the same on 2 of my 3 runs.
Helpful and not annoying. Aside from telling me to “let it spin” 3 times.

When I did not and straitened everything up, he did ask if I screw around in the snow.

As you may have noticed, this thread reminds me of just how much fun it was.

UGH… really want to come out this weekend but not sure I’ll be able to. We have been crushed for time lately and trying to make free time for fun things is becoming super tough. I’ll have to see when the next event it.

Next event is on the 18th. Plenty of time to get ready.

I never updated the mid-season schedule…

(2) more events left;
Sunday 9/19

Sunday 10/10

2 Likes

The guy in the last pic looks like the driver of the Bolt

oh yeah, something, something, drive kinda fast, something

WNY SCCA Event 1

Sun, Apr 24

WNY SCCA Event 1

SCCA - Western New York Region

Buffalo Bills Stadium , Orchard Park, NY

Autocross/Solo

WNY SCCA Event 2

Sun, Jun 5

WNY SCCA Event 2

Autocross/Solo

WNY SCCA Event 3

Sun, Jun 26

WNY SCCA Event 3

Autocross/Solo

WNY SCCA Event 4

Sun, Jul 17

WNY SCCA Event 4

Autocross/Solo

2 Likes

@fairgentleman_Z I wonder if, when they’re building the new stadium, someone from SCCA might be able to provide input on the new parking lot… Maybe influence it in a certain direction. :thinking:

2 Likes

Looks like you guys had some killer weather yesterday. How was the turnout and how’d everything run? Still want to get out and enjoy this sometime soon.

maybe a race IN the old stadium?

1 Like

I didn’t go, but results were 99 drivers, 7 runs each.

7 acre lot > 2 acre field.

Wish would could get influence in lot design.

Tax payer money. Who ever runs the event should be speaking up to the Bills and Kathy Hochul. However Hochul doesn’t care for motorsports it seems like.

You need to find a way to let Delaware North make some money on SCCA events, then you’d get a seat at the table. :wink:

1 Like